Track Bike Ideas

bmart

Maybe bother him via e-mail then? :) He's the only one who would know.

JustAnotherSquid

Used to ride a motorcycle
Well, people that have paid him to have work done would also know. ;) But it's no big deal; like I said just asking out of curiosity.

bmart

I'd have to do some digging to find out details. My shocks are mostly Penske 3 way adjustable and modified forks (no 25-30 mil kits). Here's what I have without any detail (ballpark):

VFR shock $173-$186

R6 refresh both $328-$436

CB-1 forks $110 Shock $280

These include S&H.

Adequate info?

JustAnotherSquid

BHdAHrB.jpg

1650 miles, never crashed, full Ohlins, spare rims, 42 rwhp on stock internals, braided lines, and located near Charlotte. Wonder if that would be a good bike for KK... 🤔

bmart

They are nice. Not fast in any way. She'll have a blast, but'll get killed on the straights. Is she a novice at track days? You can learn a lot about vorner speed and planning passes, but beyond that, she need more juice. I love little bikes...

bmart

I love following them at places like NC Bike. I stay behind them on the straight and and try to keep up in the corners.

JustAnotherSquid

I think she'd be fine with an R3 for now but I also think she'd outgrow it in a year or two. Doubt she'd ever outgrow an SV:

(After watching that I don't feel as bad about the 1:48s I was running at CMP on a 90hp Gixxer in the early 2000s!)

bmart

She'll have a BLAST on it. I would!

You'll be rolling out there...

I'm going nuts waiting. Hopeful that I can make Road A in February. Thermosman says I'll have the suspenders back in plenty of time.

At least I'm getting out for a few miles on the weekends.

JustAnotherSquid

Is that with TDW? I want to go too but Ohlins is out of rear shocks for the Dump Truck Gixxer until mid-Feb so the bike won't be ready until the end of Feb. :(

bmart

TDW, indeed.

Just ride something else and get in some seat time. BMW? R3? Dump trunk?

bmart

Congrats! Can you get a plate on it and run around on a street ride? :devilish: