Track Bike Ideas

bmart

LOL! My 400+# 400cc bike makes just about 50HP. That should be a hoot!

I've never understood heated grips...they heat the wrong side of teh hand! Every try cheapo bark busters instead?

JustAnotherSquid

Used to ride a motorcycle
I've never understood heated grips...they heat the wrong side of teh hand! Every try cheapo bark busters instead?

Yes, and comparing them to heated grips is like comparing a shitty frozen pizza to a Davincis. The first bike I rode with heated grips (the R1100S) was a revelation and going forward I'm not interested in a street bike that doesn't have them (unless it's a toy like your SM).

But that's just my opinion man. :D

bmart

You two and I are just opposites, aren't we?!?! lol

I'm so ready for a ride. Hoping Road A weather gods will shine on us.

JustAnotherSquid

This is what our dining room looks like as I try to get two bikes and two sets of gear sorted.

I'm a little surprised KK hasn't killed me yet.

POYuRZW.jpg

JustAnotherSquid

Glad I'm not the only one!

When I was single I always rented apartments on the ground floor. Made it easier to park the motorcycles in the living room.

JustAnotherSquid

No Ohlins for me! They just pushed the ship date back to early March which is no bueno. I'm going to have to find a Penske or K-Tech ASAP. Penske seems to be the smart choice but there are a few people on 13x.com that rave about K-Techs?

bmart

You won't go wrong with either. I'm in love with all of the Penske producs i've used...so you should probably pull a Costanza.

2slow

This is what our dining room looks like as I try to get two bikes and two sets of gear sorted.

I'm a little surprised KK hasn't killed me yet.

POYuRZW.jpg
I want to see a picture of the garage. How the heck you fitting all them bikes in there. :)

JustAnotherSquid

Crisis averted! Penske is building a shock as we speak. They said that because of my weight they'd have to source it from the truck division but whatever.

bmart

I'm sure that they meant wait...

I hope that you like it. I truly love mine.

unfortuantely, Thermosman found some wear in my left fork and it needs some new bits to be perfect. We're trying to source today, but they're no longer available from Yamaha. Likely option is to asemble as it is and RIDE it.

bmart

The USDs were used only one year and they were total crap. Conventional forks work better on a chassis like this model year range. And they are superb...

bmart

Yes on correct style, but will hunt down a low mile non-abused set. Mike is just going to reassemble for now. I'm not that picky. 60% of damping is plenty for a hack like me. I'll have him swap them out one day in the next year or three.

bmart

And now that I have a minute to type a proper answer...

Yamaha converted the forks to upside down for only one year on the R6/R6S chassis, in 2005. A few guys liked them...it was in vogue. The facts seem to support that while everything was going upside down then, no changes were made to the rest of the chassis to accomodate the much stiffer forks. For most people, it created a lot of headaches and crashes. I like my bike pretty loose and light...nimble without much effort to ride, and for the bike to be able to move around how it needs to. So...conventional trig forks for B-rad! (I'm only 160 soaking wet after pizza...)

JustAnotherSquid

So did this experience help define an answer to your question of how often suspensions should be refreshed, or do you think it's just a random event?

bmart

No real difference. If i'm down to just refresh, My buds are trying to talk me into a local guy for refreshes only. We'll see.