Street Ride Local CLT rides Thursday 12/10 and Saturday 12/12

bmart

Member
Joined
Apr 5, 2007
Messages
217
Hoping to test the GoPro mounts / video quality in a few locations. Anyone is welcome. Same old Gate Gas station on Rocky River and 485 meeting spot during the warmer part of the day.

1607284418816.png
 

JustAnotherSquid

CODE NAME: OO-LONG
Joined
Sep 2, 2006
Messages
704
I'm in for Thursday. KK and I might join you Saturday, but we may go mountain biking instead. Not sure yet.
 

bmart

Member
Joined
Apr 5, 2007
Messages
217
Bueller. All times work for you guys? I'm thinking 1-3:30 timeframe both days.
 

JustAnotherSquid

CODE NAME: OO-LONG
Joined
Sep 2, 2006
Messages
704
You know the Winter Blues are setting in when you're getting excited about an LFR in sixty degree weather. :oops:
 

bmart

Member
Joined
Apr 5, 2007
Messages
217
My limit when I rode in MA was 18F with heated gear. Here, it is much higher. First world problems, right? I'll still have a blast!
 

JustAnotherSquid

CODE NAME: OO-LONG
Joined
Sep 2, 2006
Messages
704
Good ride! Thanks for leading. I have about two hours of footage and it's all of you haha. I don't have a way to edit it (yet) but I can throw the files onto an FTP server and then you can grab them and decide if there's anything you want to save.
 

JustAnotherSquid

CODE NAME: OO-LONG
Joined
Sep 2, 2006
Messages
704
Ok new plan. I skimmed the footage and 99.7% of it is phenomenally boring. :D The other 0.3% is only kinda boring. I'll see if I can extract a video with a few of the least uninteresting minutes and upload it to YouTube.

This GoPro is calling out for a Mountain Run. Or even better, a track day.
 

JustAnotherSquid

CODE NAME: OO-LONG
Joined
Sep 2, 2006
Messages
704
Alright, here's two and a half minutes that were not bad. The raw video was pretty clear, but YouTube has muddied it up quite a bit. I'll have to figure that one out.

BTW, please note that my speedometer is calibrated for km/h. :)

 
Last edited:

bmart

Member
Joined
Apr 5, 2007
Messages
217
Good ride! Thanks for leading. I have about two hours of footage and it's all of you haha. I don't have a way to edit it (yet) but I can throw the files onto an FTP server and then you can grab them and decide if there's anything you want to save.
Nice way to spend a few hours not in front of a screen. Not fast. Not hot out. No pics. My videos are as boring as I am. No need to post any of yours for me. Zzzzzz
 

bmart

Member
Joined
Apr 5, 2007
Messages
217
Alright, here's two and a half minutes that were not bad. The raw video was pretty clear, but YouTube has muddied it up quite a bit. I'll have to figure that one out.

BTW, please note that my speedometer is calibrated for km/h. :)

Nice. That bike sounds great. Mine have too much wind noise. I may need to try a behind the screen mount...but then I saw how yours distorted the video. Hmmm
 

bmart

Member
Joined
Apr 5, 2007
Messages
217
That sun was brutal today. May consider an earlier departure on Saturday by an hour if it doesn't negatively affect the guys I asked.
 

KrashnKaren

Member
Joined
Sep 2, 2006
Messages
88
This is what it's like living with a crazy person... I found this in the family room this morning!

 
Top