Does anyone remember what an "LFR" is?

If you do, then you remember the F was sarcastic.  There is no F in a LR.   Cool

I fired up the GT this morning to give it a little shake-down cruise before KK takes it to the Mountains.  Headed west with a plan to do a two hour LFR.

Got to Denver and said "eh wth, I'll just keep going to Lincolnton".  Go to Lincolnton and said "eh wth, I'll just keep going to Morganton".  Go to Morganton, and ... well, you can guess how the rest went.   Big Grin

The F800GT is a hell of a bike.  It's somehow simultaneously beginner-friendly and extremely competent.  It could use some sport tires, and maybe a rear shock, but otherwise it is rock-solid.  I think it could even replace the R1100S if necessary (gasp!).

[Image: UOh42Wk.jpg]

[Image: NAN9XL4.jpg]

[Image: r3sRpg3.jpg]

2001 BMW R1100S | new track bike coming?

If I had of known, could have met you in lincolnton.
I was at home running blower, soaking wet with sweat, looking for a reason to quit.

Mike Kelly
Stanley NC
Triumph Thruxton 900

And I would have been happy to help you escape that!  But even I didn't know it was a mountain run until somewhere around Laurel Hill.  I'll try to post something ahead of time next time - and you do the same!  Cool

(09-03-2020, 03:13 PM)JustAnotherSquid Wrote:  I think it could even replace the R1100S if necessary (gasp!).

The biggest complaint I have with the F800GT is that it is a bit boring.  It's boring mainly because the parallel twin engine, with a 360 degree crank, sounds flat and has no character.  It's a great engine in terms of power and (relative lack of) vibration, but it's just not interesting.

For the new 900 version of the engine BMW switched to a 270 degree crank, and supposedly the engine sounds and feels fantastic now.  I was telling that to KK last night, and then said "you know, if they make an F900GT with that engine, I might have to get one".

"No!" she said.  "If they make an F900GT with that engine I WANT IT!  YOU can take the 800!"

Not sure whether to be proud to have a wife that knows the difference, or bummed.

Beautiful bike!

Current: 
Nothing. But I'll give you a box of cookies if you convince my wife.

Past:
1994 Ninja 250 aka Pimp Ride 
1985 Nighthawk 450

::insert wit here::