MOUNTAIN RUN // Saturday August 1 // YES REALLY
Lightbulb 

There is going to be a brief break in the weather.  We have bikes that run.  IT IS A PERFECT STORM.

(Except for the part where we are hoping there are no storms.)

WE ARE LEAVING SATURDAY MORNING.  AND WE ARE RIDING TO THE MOUNTAINS.  You should join us.   Smile

Shoutout to GenX for surviving the Boomers and tolerating the Millennials.

Well, we made it about half-way to the mountains before the old electrical gremlins on the F650CS came back.  (We'd been chasing electrical problems when we parked the bike back in 2010 and for some reason they didn't go away all by themselves.)

So the F650CS is going back to the dealer.  Hopefully they can find the problem(s).  I've tried multiple times, and failed.

[Image: 2GYcWnu.jpg]

[Image: 9YSLjxc.jpg]

Some day we are going on a Mountain Run ... some day.   Sad

Well that sucks. You didn't have to ride back home bitch with K did you?

KK was able to get her bike home, and I think we now have it in a state where it's safe to ride (even if it's not really fixed).

As for getting it fixed, neither 2topia nor BMW seem to have the time to look at it right now so we'll deal with the remaining issues until they do.  Sad

I misread your post. I thought your bike was the one having problems.
So its still rideable?

I think so. We found a wire shorting to the frame and jury-rigged a fix that appears to have solved the two worst problems. Hopefully. Maybe.

The rest of the problems can wait until 2topia or BMW will deign to see us.

New bike time?

Current: 
Nothing. But I'll give you a box of cookies if you convince my wife.

Past:
1994 Ninja 250 aka Pimp Ride 
1985 Nighthawk 450

::insert wit here::

Believe me, there's a sparkling white 2020 F750GS sitting on the showroom floor at BMW with KK's name all over it. But she refuses to consider anything that's not an F650CS.

So we will end up spending far more than it is worth (already have actually) to sustain the CS. It makes no sense but it keeps her happy.