Yamaha Niken

I've been out of the game for a minute, but I feel like a motorcycle with two front wheels should have lit the moto world on fire - love it or hate it. 

BUT, I stumbled upon a mentioning on the interpipes recently and had heard nothing about it before. Definitely have never seen one in the wild. 

So what's your verdict? Have you ridden one?

ETA: Not pictured - me Sad

Attached Files Image(s)

Current: 
Nothing. But I'll give you a box of cookies if you convince my wife.

Past:
1994 Ninja 250 aka Pimp Ride 
1985 Nighthawk 450

::insert wit here::

I have never seen one of those on the road. Looking at it, it's hard to tell if it's the coolest thing ever or the most contrived. If Yamaha dealers were to offer test rides I'd take them up on it. Cool

On the other hand, you see these pretty regularly in Charlotte:

[Image: yPnrdnO.jpg]

Shoutout to GenX for surviving the Boomers and tolerating the Millennials.

I really liked it until I saw this commercial:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_conti...=emb_title

I see the Slingshots around too! Sat in one at a car show early this year (probably the last car show ever) and it is an odd feeling. Very much like a go kart with a sound system.

Current: 

Past:
1985 Nighthawk 450

(07-29-2020, 09:33 PM)juncc Wrote:  I really liked it until I saw this commercial:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OoyfKCDu87M

I see the Slingshots around too! Sat in one at a car show early this year (probably the last car show ever) and it is an odd feeling. Very much like a go kart with a sound system.

Weird.  I'm not sure what Yamaha was getting at with that commercial.  Was it that if you ride a Niken, you pound dudes?  Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Ooooh, I got it!  A train is a large, heavy, plodding machine driven by a conductor, and the Niken is also a large, heavy, plodding machine driven by a conductor.  That makes sense actually.  Cleverly done, Yamaha.

On another note, our old tax guy bought one of those Slingshots and tried to convince me it's a motorcycle.  But it's a car.  Motorcycles lean into corners and cars lean out.  Case closed.   Owned

(07-30-2020, 01:52 PM)JustAnotherSquid Wrote:  
(07-29-2020, 09:33 PM)juncc Wrote:  I really liked it until I saw this commercial:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OoyfKCDu87M

Weird.  I'm not sure what Yamaha was getting at with that commercial.  Was it that if you ride a Niken, you pound dudes?  Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Ooooh, I got it!  A train is a large, heavy, plodding machine driven by a conductor, and the Niken is also a large, heavy, plodding machine driven by a conductor.  That makes sense actually.  Cleverly done, Yamaha.

On another note, our old tax guy bought one of those Slingshots and tried to convince me it's a motorcycle.  But it's a car.  Motorcycles lean into corners and cars lean out.  Case closed.   Owned

So my guess is that they wanted it to be the motorcycle version of those pretentious MB/Lincoln/[insert luxury car brand here] commercials. Truth be told, I never understood why motorcycle manufacturers never just put celebrities in their commercials. Imagine a leather clad Charlize Theron with that dark, short haircut and smokey eye makeup whipping a leg off an R1... BRB gonna test drive an R1....

Current: 

Past:
1985 Nighthawk 450

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and guess you're at the stage of pregnancy where you're not getting any.   Cool

(08-03-2020, 08:30 PM)JustAnotherSquid Wrote:  I'm gonna go out on a limb here and guess you're at the stage of pregnancy where you're not getting any.   Cool

5th trimester blues.

Current: 

Past:
1985 Nighthawk 450

Wait ... does that mean there's a little juncc-man running around??? Congratulations!!! How's it feel so far?