Does anyone here do any mountain biking?

And if so, where do you ride?  KK and I have full suspension bikes that we occasionally ride at Sherman Branch or the Whitewater Center.  If you've watched YouTube videos of people ripping down mountains at insane speeds and clearing fifty-foot jumps, that is not us.  We are both agonizingly slow, and I crash a lot - often painfully and with broken bones.  But even at our slow pace, it's great excercise.

Anyway, I'm just asking because it would be cool to have a CMR ... er I mean CBR, group ride.  And maintaining the six-foot rule would be no problem as we will be miles not feet behind.   Sad

2001 BMW R1100S | 2019 Transition Sentinel Carbon | 2020 Guerrilla Gravity The Smash

I used to ride and have been thinking about dusting mine off. I usually got to the WWC.

i believe i can see the future
'cause i repeat the same routine
i think i used to have a purpose
but then again
it might have been a dream

I sold the Marin and ordered a new bike.  It might be here as soon as Saturday and it'll take me a few days to build it.  Then, we crash ride.  Cool

The next few months are shaping up to be pretty busy.  Look at all the things we have to do:
  • Shoot some clays.
  • Ride some mountain bikes.
  • Go on some mountain runs.
It's a hard life but someone's gotta do it.  Dance

2001 BMW R1100S | 2019 Transition Sentinel Carbon | 2020 Guerrilla Gravity The Smash
Thumbs Up 

Sounds good

but then again

Today was New Bike Day. Dust off that ol' bike of yours; I'm ready to play. Dance

[Image: Qx19xRe.jpg]

[Image: J2vJPYQ.jpg]

[Image: EYqyWdn.jpg]

[Image: AwXhP7F.jpg]

Chutch, you up for a ride this Saturday? I may have a small group put together for a Mountain (Bike) Run at the WWC.

While I am organizing the ride I won't be leading it. I'm usually so far behind the pack that I'm technically in a different county.

Man what an amazing morning. Weather was perfect. Chutch, I gotta find a way to talk you into coming out for a ride some time. Cool

[Image: CUQYFja.jpg]

[Image: aVOLH7R.jpg]

[Image: 8AWUUUb.jpg]

[Image: kycwfhQ.jpg]

Since our Beemers are still stuck in some alternate universe where time moves at a completely different rate and dollars grow on trees just waiting to be plucked, we are putting together another Mountain (Bike) Run at the Whitewater Center on Saturday, April 25. Post if you're interested. Dance

Told my mtn bike riding son about this. He asked if I was gonna go.....no thanks.

Mike Kelly
Stanley NC
Triumph Thruxton 900

Ha!

There is now a lot of rain in the forecast.  Weather permitting, KK and I are planning to hit the WWC Saturday morning and then doing a group ride at Hickory City Park Sunday morning. But the probability of either or both trails being closed is pretty good.

(04-22-2020, 07:55 PM)JustAnotherSquid Wrote:  Ha!

There is now a lot of rain in the forecast.  Weather permitting, KK and I are planning to hit the WWC Saturday morning and then doing a group ride at Hickory City Park Sunday morning.  But the probability of either or both trails being closed is pretty good.

Sooo we actually went to Mazeppa Park today because WWC was closed!  That's ok, we had a blast and the trail was alot of fun!  Can't wait to do it again tomorrow!

Ill come out. Just gotta get a good weekend. Been busy with house stuff the last couple weeks. We can now wash and dry clothes so the leash has been loosened a little bit.

but then again

(05-04-2020, 12:11 PM)chutch Wrote:  Ill come out.  Just gotta get a good weekend.  Been busy with house stuff the last couple weeks.  We can now wash and dry clothes so the leash has been loosened a little bit.

Washing and drying clothes is important.   Cool  Given the current forecast, we are definitely going for a Mountain (Bike) Run this weekend, if not two. 

It's not like we have motorcycles to ride.   Bang Your Head

My Motobecane shit the bed at North Meck yesterday. The one thing BikesDirect cheaped out on is the hubs, and sure enough the rear hub disintegrated while climbing out.

I'm having some custom wheels built up from Spank rims and Hope hubs but it's going to take a few weeks. No riding for me until then. Sad

[Image: AtMS9Kt.jpg]

Picked these up yesterday and am putting them on the bike today.  Should have the HAL ready to roll just in time for all the trails to be closed.

Between these wheels, the carbon bars, and the RF stem, I'm going to have the nicest Motobecane in the area.  Also, the only Motobecane in the area.

For all none of you that are interested, the Motobecane broke after a month and BikesDirect's warranty is a joke.  So the MB is getting stripped for parts and the frame is going in the trash where it belongs.

Fortunately, Guerrilla Gravity dropped off a The Smash on Sunday to take it's place.   Big Grin

[Image: zQKfz74.jpg]