Your first motorcycle

JustAnotherSquid

Used to ride a motorcycle
Brad from my short time on this forum you are the only one critiqued on everything you’ve done.

If I had a penny for every time Brad told me my choice of tires was bad, or my choice of motorcycles was bad, or my choice of tracks was bad, or my choice of heated grips was bad, or my choice of track day orgs was bad, or my choice of music was bad, or my choice of YouTube videos was bad, or my choice of TV shows was bad, I'd have like a buck eighty-seven by now! :D

boike333

Well friends you have that in spades! I’m glad JAS just ignores my stupid comments and call me on it later! For now anyway.

JustAnotherSquid

Used to ride a motorcycle
Well friends you have that in spades! I’m glad JAS just ignores my stupid comments and call me on it later! For now anyway.

KK took an excellent video of Brad and I that explains everything. Give me a few minutes to find it and edit it and I'll post it!

KrashnKaren

My first bike was a 2000 GS500E. I bought it brand new a few days after passing the MSF course (I scored a perfect on the riding test!) but I never liked the bike. We did a lot to it to try to improve it like the suspension and brakes and a small fairing and a Corbin seat but it always felt tinny and cheap.

gs500e.JPG

Then in 2001 I test rode an R1100R and loved it! So we found this one used with low miles:

r1100r.JPG

But the first time I rode it I dropped it in the driveway and then dropped it again a few hours later in a parking lot. After that I was done with it! I never rode it again. It was a very heavy bike but when I test rode it it seemed much lighter. JAS rode it for a little while then he sold it.

In 2003 we went on a search for a new bike and we test rode sooooo many bikes. Everything from a Bandit 400 to a Ducati Monster 750 and even a Moto Guzzi 750! We both agreed that the one bike that was by far the best for me was the F650CS, so we bought one! Even though it was soooo expensive for a little bike. But it helped me so much! My riding got so much better on that bike. It really is easy to ride and very good! I still have it today!

f650cs.JPG

Then in 2021 Eric found a 2015 F800GT with only 275 miles on it. I had always liked the F800S and F800ST and wanted one as an upgrade from the F650CS so I bought it! I still love my CS too but the GT is a "real" bike!

f800gt.jpg

And finally, Eric bought himself a 390 Adventure but he let me ride it once and I loved it, so I took it! I still let him ride it though (sometimes).

390adv.jpg

I also owned two dirt bikes but that's probably for a different thread?

bmart

As my people would say, "thatsalottabikes!"

I like the little GS. It was perfectly...adequate.

Funny how bikes like the CS resonate and stick with us. I loved my VTR250 and obviously the CB-1.