Track Day Was and kind of still is: CMP with PRE, June 4-5 *** But definitely is: Haikus

JustAnotherSquid

Used to ride a motorcycle
Hold on, we need a version of this Haiku book on the forum, like, yesterday. That sounds fantastic.

The publisher is talking about doing a second edition that will include the CMP haikus. If we can get it done I'll put a copy aside for you!

JustAnotherSquid

CMR forum
Collection of genius
Some of us riders

Authors note: reader may substitute "idiots" in place of genius, depending upon topic/day/wind direction

Haha! It would have to be "geniuses" to fit the standard 5-7-5 pattern but yeah, I'm going with "idiots". :D

boike333

Well I am officially the first holder of “The Book”! I have only read one so far as advised by the author(s).

Now, I had an amazing day riding with Eric! I really learned a lot and the chats we have in the garage are priceless lessons about all aspects of things. I am still holding on to tight and pressing my legs in the wrong way but some progress made. It was great sharing the garage with KK and Alan too! Pretty amazing people all the way around. Thanks all! Can’t wait to see some vids that Eric got.

Amazing weather and for the most part it was an extremely clean day with very few flags of any color. I think we had one red in the last session!

Woot woot!

Attachments

• 21A51602-D917-43B6-9D5D-231929A0C2C5.jpeg
    21A51602-D917-43B6-9D5D-231929A0C2C5.jpeg
    322.2 KB · Views: 10
  • 1175CEBD-861E-4FFF-9D07-30A77FC6E03B.jpeg
    1175CEBD-861E-4FFF-9D07-30A77FC6E03B.jpeg
    159.5 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

JustAnotherSquid

Let me tell you ... Sunday was not as much fun without another SV to chase around! It was lonely out there on the track!

JustAnotherSquid

There was a good bit of red on Sunday. There must have been something in the air because the word for the day was "aggressive"!

Example: I was almost run off in the kink by a failed pass and came through the other side with less than 2" to spare. There were rumble strips to my left and a big ol' Yamaha to my right and barely a sliver of pavement between them. I'm still picking my leathers out of my butt over that one!

bmart

One of my favorite Bradisms..."If it involves people, it is going to be hard!" Glad that you're okay outside of the inside leathers experience. Needle nose pliers should help. :p

boike333

There was a good bit of red on Sunday. There must have been something in the air because the word for the day was "aggressive"!

Example: I was almost run off in the kink by a failed pass and came through the other side with less than 2" to spare. There were rumble strips to my left and a big ol' Yamaha to my right and barely a sliver of pavement between them. I'm still picking my leathers out of my butt over that one!
I don’t mean to be a puss but I am, so I will say I wish the orgs would implement a no passing anywhere near the kink rule. At least for N and I group.