Track Day VIR South dates in 2022

AndyMX47

This is good info. And really, you always need to be prepared for any track day that could pop up unexpectedly. So for good measure just stay super hydrated all the time. It’s always good to be peepared
This! Hydration isn't a thing you chose to start on a certain day, it's something you do every day. Drink water until you're peepared - is that clear? (see what I did there). The gatorlyte or any type of electrolyte stuff is for recovery after you sweat everything out. Water before, electrolytes after (or even during). Being peepared is good for your kidneys. And trust me, you don't want a kidney stone. They suck.

bmart

I'm going unless it is going to be wet or I have a beastly migraine like I have again today.

bmart

South weather looks like Full's weather. I have soft slicks on the yellow bike for some hopeful fun and will decide on what to put on Scruffy as it gets closer. Hoping that isn't the first time I have to mount those rains! I do have a set of Q4s around here somewhere, but no silica like street tires.

boike333

Yea, when I paid it was 84 with a 30% chance. Looks worse now but not much turning back at this point. I don’t have rains but it looks like I might have to invest since I keep doing this! Are Road 5s better than what I have now for rain?

bmart

What is a Road 5? I'd run Q3 if I had any left, but my closet is full of slick fronts and Med+ DOT rears...none have any silica, which makes a big difference on top of grooves.

boike333

What is a Road 5? I'd run Q3 if I had any left, but my closet is full of slick fronts and Med+ DOT rears...none have any silica, which makes a big difference on top of grooves.
It’s a sport touring tire. I had q3+ last year but I got talked into moving to Pirelli by a coupe different people for this year. I have a set of road 5s on my other hoops that I was using for street use.

bmart

Sport Touring tires are pretty excellent, but you'll likely run into their limits pretty quickly at track pace. I ran my Dunlp Roadsmarts at a track day on the VFR a while back. They were amazing for an ST tire, but were moving all over the place at both ends.

JustAnotherSquid

Used to ride a motorcycle
I think it was dry. They get gooey!

Re-reading the thread, I think he was asking specifically about using those tires as rain tires.

In general, sport-touring tires should do better in the rain than sport tires, right?