Track Day VIR Patriot Sunday 4/18 w/EvolveGT

bmart

Anyone? This place is a gas and takes all of your participation (and stabilizer muscles).

Worth noting that they run the chicane.

JustAnotherSquid

Used to ride a motorcycle
Man, I'd be all over that if we weren't already signed up for Road Atlanta that weekend. There aren't many opportunities to go to Patriot this year.

Last edited:

bmart

Patriot rocks! Here are a few vids from Sunday. Front of bike are on scruffy the B bike. Rear mounted (front facing) are on the A bike with the bum forks.

Happy to receive feedback!

JustAnotherSquid

Happy to receive feedback!

I wish I was good enough at this to give some. Maybe I can fake it:

Lean or Die! Go faster and brake harder! Second place is first loser! I dunno man, that's all I've got. :D

Great videos bmart. It was pretty cool to see the cars circulating the Full course while you guys were zipping around the inside. Now that I've ridden North and watched videos of South, Patriot makes more sense. It looks like a blast. I prefer slow corners to fast ones so I think I'd like it a lot.

As a general rule I'm not a fan of the ass shots and tend to skip those videos on YouTube. You just can't see anything. The rearward facing ones are only slightly better. Best ones are the forward-facing videos, either with a good telemetry overlay or a view of the guages. JMHO.

bmart

Thank you for the great advice. :eek:

I don't like the rear mounted camera either, but I couldn't get the mount to stick to the front. It has its uses. I can see that I'm moving side to side without upsetting the suspension, which is good. I can see the apexes pretty well and can see "through" the holes on each side. lol. The front mounted cam can make it look like the rider misses all of them by a few feet.

Patriot is a hoot! And I got a new best time after 5 months off. Maybe I should take 5 months off between all track days...

When does the Road Atlanta update and video arrive? I haven't left the house...just waiting. If your toe still hanging on by a thread?

JustAnotherSquid

Congratulations! Pretty cool that you are still getting faster!

Haven't tried digging the camera out of the rubble yet. Spent today inspecting the bike, making phone calls, and surfing vendors trying to find parts. No one has anything ... the market is crazy right now. It was a terrible time to crash a bike. Not that there is a good time to.

I'd go buy another bike to use while this one is getting fixed, BUT THERE ARE NO BIKES FOR SALE EITHER. It's completely insane.

Thanks for asking about my toe/foot. It's not doing well. I've been putting off surgery for years because the cure is almost as bad as the problem, but the crash really fucked it up and I may not have a choice this time.

bmart

Stinks about parts.

Sucks about no bikes available.

Bites (hmmm...) about your toe. No toe massages for you. Cancel those appointments.

Let me know if I can help. It is a wild couple of weeks here! 🗓️

JustAnotherSquid

bmart, I just noticed you did not post a thread about VIR S with N2 on Thursday, May 20. Are you going to be control riding for that?

bmart

I am planning to. Want me to post something or do you want to?

JustAnotherSquid

Totally up to you! I was asking because that day is back in play for us, and if you are going to be there as a CR it's a point in it's favor. Still working on hashing out the plan for the next few months though so we're not ready to commit yet.