Track Day VIR North w/N2 Monday 6/14

bmart

Sign up! Light crowd expected. Not too expensive. The rain looks like it'll be over by then. I'm planning to go so long as work doesn't get in the way.

It is my worst track, so be sure to let me see you giggling as you go past. I've been there only a few times.

1623072188663.png

JustAnotherSquid

Actively crashing motorcycles
2slow has generously offered to help finish up the GSX-R next weekend and if we get it done we might make this one. (y)

KK's bike is prepped and ready to go, with an oil pan full of fresh Mobil 1 and a shiny new pair of Bridgestones on it's feet. :)

bmart

That all sounds like progress! I'm planning on packing parts to swap between sessions to help diagnose scruffy. Feel free to take pics if you have the time. :)

JWilson

I still remember my first novice session there coming into the kink and having very offensive language conversation start in my head. Rinse and repeat for the entire day. My first trip I left very humbled and frustrated. It is still my favorite track. :cool:.

bmart

North can be pretty imtimidating, all around. Same for Road Atlanta. I still think that Road A is a lot safer!

bmart

It's fine and a nice course. I don't hate it, I just like it the least. Should be posting a few vids on YouTube today.

JustAnotherSquid

Well that's a positive change in tone from what you were saying earlier this year! Maybe we'll see you up there more often. :)

KK and I got sick Friday night and spent the weekend in bed (and not in the good way). She has since recovered and I'm at about 50%. So we missed this one, and will likely miss CMP this weekend. Haven't even touched the Gixxer yet but hopefully later this week or this weekend.

Speaking of the Gixxer, the Sharkskinz are here but I'm afraid to put them on. :rolleyes: Might just cobble the old bodywork together and keep the Sharkskinz safe for now.

bmart, any news on Scruffy?

bmart

In all fairness, the North course has always been a fine layout, it is the passing challenges that make it less safe in my eyes. This was a light day for riders, so it was a non issue.

Glad that you two are feeling better and that you didn't get sent to "the couch!"

I'd run the crap bodywork until it falls off...and do!

Nothing new on Scruffy. I disconnected the Power Commander after a session and no real change (ran fine sometimes, other times less so). At home, I swapped the tanks (so tank/venting, cap, and pump assembly) and will test at my next day.

Had a monster headache yesterday after four days with one last week,s o I'm in slow motion and have to decide about riding this weekend or cancelling. Migraines suck...

Last edited:

JustAnotherSquid

I enjoyed watching the second video. It made me feel like I was there and not stuck here.

I feel like I should give you a hard time about your bike not starting, but my already weak sense of humor has been temporarily shut down by kidney pain.

bmart

LOL the bike not starting feels like a hint that the bug is fuel delivery. I swapped the tanks, as you know, so perhaps the problem will move to the other bike. Then I can swap the fuel cap and it'll either change nothing or the problem will go away. Not much left after that.

JWilson

2nd video 2nd lap looks like this video in slow motion. I am very impressed with how you hit every apex. I wish I had that discipline.

JWilson

VIR N pass on the brakes. 1,,7,into roller coaster, on the gas front straight before kink.

bmart

And his video seems to be running at 1.5x speed. Cheater.

bmart

I learned that I could grab stills from the video. Now I can show off my apex hitting ability. lol

GH010133-1 Lazy coaching 1c.jpg