Track Day VIR North *** Mon, March 29 *** P.R.E.

2slow

Ok. I'm no expert, however I'm fairly certain you don't have proper form in picture 5.

It's night and day difference from RRR for KK. I know still pictures don't tell the whole story but to me she looks much better and I was empressed at RRR.

JustAnotherSquid

Used to ride a motorcycle
2slow, if I haven't bored you to tears yet here's one more.

I used DaVinci Resolve to splice two clips together seamlessly and then chop off the beginning and end, leaving only the relevant parts. Then rendered the whole thing in beautiful 1080p60, which YouTube still manages to make look blurry and choppy once it's uploaded. bmart, Resolve is free and if you ever want a quick tutorial on how to do all that let me know.

2slow

2slow, if I haven't bored you to tears yet here's one more.

I used DaVinci Resolve to splice two clips together seamlessly and then chop off the beginning and end, leaving only the relevant parts. Then rendered the whole thing in beautiful 1080p60, which YouTube still manages to make look blurry and choppy once it's uploaded. bmart, Resolve is free and if you ever want a quick tutorial on how to do all that let me know.

Man I love the GoPro vids. I dont know good riding from bad, but you look like you're doing a fine job to me. I think I would have a hard time being patient with the traffic. You seem so much faster than most of those other riders.

JustAnotherSquid

BTW. You have got to get a GoPro for KK. That's where all the excitement happens!!!

Yes! We're mulling over the logistics of it now, but it is high on the priority list.

As for traffic ... I'm ready to move up to Intermediate. My confidence is there and my pace is there. The passing rules are much less restrictive in Intermediate so you don't have spend as much time behind slower riders (and I don't have to worry about holding up faster riders!).

Twenty years ago I was running an Advance group pace, and I'm ready to start working on getting back to that. But it's hard to get much practice in in Novice because you spend so much time in traffic.

JWilson

I spent far too long in Novice. I know exactly what you mean with traffic. I selectively pick my passing. It is hard to practice in novice because you're always avoiding someone.

I prefer Garmin Virb Ultra 30 over gopro for trackays. The built in GPS is used more like a lap timer and the free Garmin software makes overlays easy.

JustAnotherSquid

Cool, thanks, I will check out the Garmin.

Please tell me they aren't going to keep me in Novice forever. It's like Purgatory in there. :(

JWilson

PRE is tough to get out of Novice. If I is full it is even less likely. They don't bump people into full groups. Wait till after lunch preferably the last 2 sessions and ask for an evaluation. I hasn't really held me up for any extended amount of time.

JustAnotherSquid

I've had him clean mine multiple times and he did a good job. I've not heard anything bad about them...ever. Thier place is in the middle of nowhere!

We got the suit back yesterday. The repair is not particularly pretty, but I'm confident the strongest parts of the suit are now the parts he fixed. :oops:

So the questions is, what do we do with it? There's no comparison between it and the Stella Missile suit ... the A* weighs almost twice as much (not kidding).

bmart

Nice mountain riding suit? Keep as a spare for track time? I used to bring two of everything, but no longer have the room to do that. Good for giving cute, small girls rides? I'm out of ideas. They just aren't worth anything used. I've had a Vanson for sale for about 3 years for $300. It is a $1800 suit with superficial marks on it. I just don't need four suits and multiple 2-piece setups.

JustAnotherSquid

I've had a Vanson for sale for about 3 years for $300. It is a $1800 suit with superficial marks on it. I just don't need four suits and multiple 2-piece setups.

I saw that on Craigslist, and would have bought it if it was my size. Have you tried listing it on 13x.com? I've sold (almost) everything I've listed there. For $300 someone is going to grab it.