US Motorcycle Sales 1999-2016 (and beyond)

bmart

And we're still waiting for a date for the two of us! lol

JustAnotherSquid

Actively crashing motorcycles

It's a long article, and there's not much in there we didn't already know and/or surmise, but if you're at all interested in the bike it is still worth a read.

Yes it's just an MT-07 with a fairing, but it's not just an MT-07 with a fairing. So there's that.

bmart

Interesting article, but I miss "journalizism!" I say that hourly, it seems.

In the start it tells us to let go of the past and accept change. Then not long after it goes into detail about how they had to keep the R...not themselves accepting change. Pretty funny. S7 seems fine to me.

Can't turn off the ABS??? Jeez. That is a cheap switch, no?

95% (what dark place did he pull this from?) will never take it to the track..then a bunch of blubbering about the quickchifter upgradce being a godo idea.

Funny how he ends with the MT-09 idea...the same as everyone else.

Still, I think it looks the bee's knees and I'm sure that it is a delight to ride. I hope to try one at an event if they bring them. They're order only right now...another thing I don't get if they believe that the market is huge.

JustAnotherSquid

All good observations. Car and bike journalists these days seem to be primarily interested in not offending anyone (especially the manufacturers!) while desperately trying to avoid having an actual opinion about anything. Zack Courts is an exception, but even he chooses his words carefully. Did you ever read Car & Driver in the 80s? That was the peak of moto-journalism IMO and it's been steadily downhill since.

The thought that kept running through my mind while reading the R7 article was "man, if Suzuki does this same treatment to the SV, look out." :D

Last edited:

bmart

This is the joke about journalizm, right? There are a lot of ways to write. Opinion is one of them. They used to own up to that. Now, they can't sort sentence structure, whether they're trying to tell you something or not, and if it is a fact, opinion, generally held belief, or anything else. The bar is low. I watched some OLD news clips the other day. What a difference.

C&D was a fun read!

Millennials and newer seem to have a real problem commiting to much of anything. Every other term in what they're calling sentences is "I mean like ya know kind of sort of actually." I can never tell if they just can't spit whatever it is that they're trying to say out, or if they are so petrified of actually saying anything, that their own people will cancel them. It is so sad. The foreigners use English so much better than we do.

JustAnotherSquid

So now we've got the RS660 and the R7 to thoroughly embarrass the Ninja 650 and SV650. Oh, and that atrocious Honda twin too. With any luck, Yamaha and Aprilia have just started a mid-size twins arms-race.

download.jpg

bmart

So...what will be raced by Yamaha in the 600 class for MotoAmerica (not that anyone follows or watches it) and WSS?

JustAnotherSquid

Is the GS still the best all-purpose bike ever made?

And if you want to skip to the conclusion:

This makes me want to watch Long Way Round again.

Last edited: