US Motorcycle Sales 1999-2016 (and beyond)

JustAnotherSquid

Used to ride a motorcycle
Kawasaki is also making a big announcement in a few weeks. I've read some rumors of a supersport version of the Ninja 650 to compete in BOTT - maybe there's a reason we haven't gotten the R7 yet!

kaw.jpg

AndyMX47

Hahahahaha! This is hilarious! Is this a thing? I thought there was going to be a poll before this could take place?
It seems like we've gone from a pleasant little democracy to a forum run by a tyrant. Better type Boike's Goat Cheese and Portabella Sandwichs all you can before it changes into something else. Who does this "admin" person think he is, anyway?

AndyMX47

Kawasaki is also making a big announcement in a few weeks. I've read some rumors of a supersport version of the Ninja 650 to compete in BOTT - maybe there's a reason we haven't gotten the R7 yet!

View attachment 1464
And in other news, we spent the last year having an intern design stickers bold new graphics for all our machines. But we did put F.I. on the 38 year old KLR650, so there's that.

It does say 7 "new" vehicles, so maybe there will be something cool. I have to hold my breath until October 4th??? Wait, why does this matter when nobody even HAS new models in the dealerships anyway? Boike's Goat Cheese and Portabella Sandwichs

JustAnotherSquid

Used to ride a motorcycle
Who does this "admin" person think he is, anyway?

I've known admin since the early '90s I think but it may have been the late '80s. I've never met him in person but have spoken to him many times. Here are some of the things I've gleaned over the years:

• He speaks with an odd British accent where he tends to emphasize the middle syllables in words.
  • His laugh will raise the hairs on the back of your neck and not in a good way.
  • The CMR HQ (he calls it his "Redoubt") is located under the Nevada desert. I have been there once but I was forced to wear a hood while in the Suburban so I can't say exactly where. I do know we started in Reno and drove for what felt like three or four hours but for all I know we were going in giant circles.
  • The HQ is underneath a convenience store, and is accessible by an elevator that is hidden in plain sight in the store's storage room. admin's residence is on the 26th level. I've only been down to the 6th level.
  • Most of the work he bills people for is done by unpaid interns and I did NOT get the impression that they were there of their own free will.
  • Inside the HQ there's a distant and constant "ka-chunk ka-chunk ka-chunk" sound and with each ka-chunk the whole place shakes a little. I asked the interns about it and they just said "what sound?"
  • The HQ reeks of curry. I mean, I love curry but the smell is so strong it almost makes you sick to your stomach.
  • He constantly refers to himself in the third person.

admin

Overworked and underpaid
Staff member
It seems like we've gone from a pleasant little democracy to a forum run by a tyrant. Better type Boike's Goat Cheese and Portabella Sandwichs all you can before it changes into something else. Who does this "admin" person think he is, anyway?

You'll just to have to wait your turn mister! You'll have your own Boike's Goat Cheese and Portabella Sandwichs soon enough.

admin

Overworked and underpaid
Staff member
I've known admin since the early '90s I think but it may have been the late '80s. I've never met him in person but have spoken to him many times. Here are some of the things I've gleaned over the years:

• He speaks with an odd British accent where he tends to emphasize the middle syllables in words.
  • His laugh will raise the hairs on the back of your neck and not in a good way.
  • The CMR HQ (he calls it his "Redoubt") is located under the Nevada desert. I have been there once but I was forced to wear a hood while in the Suburban so I can't say exactly where. I do know we started in Reno and drove for what felt like three or four hours but for all I know we were going in giant circles.
  • The HQ is underneath a convenience store, and is accessible by an elevator that is hidden in plain sight in the store's storage room. admin's residence is on the 26th level. I've only been down to the 6th level.
  • Most of the work he bills people for is done by unpaid interns and I did NOT get the impression that they were there of their own free will.
  • Inside the HQ there's a distant and constant "ka-chunk ka-chunk ka-chunk" sound and with each ka-chunk the whole place shakes a little. I asked the interns about it and they just said "what sound?"
  • The HQ reeks of curry. I mean, I love curry but the smell is so strong it almost makes you sick to your stomach.
  • He constantly refers to himself in the third person.

There are parts of this that are not untrue.