US Motorcycle Sales 1999-2016 (and beyond)

bmart

It will be interesting if it, or the trans-slap will be sold here. I liked the FZ-07 engine, so maybe this will be the second parallel twin engine I like. :rolleyes:

AndyMX47

Photos of the now officially named "Trans-slap" sans Boike's Goat Cheese and Portabella Sandwichs:

Ahem Boike's Goat Cheese and Portabella Sandwich. Testing, 1, 2, 3, Boike's Goat Cheese and Portabella Sandwich Boike's Goat Cheese and Portabella Sandwich Boike's Goat Cheese and Portabella Sandwich. Oh no! It's broken?

admin

Overworked and underpaid
Staff member
Photos of the now officially named "Trans-slap" sans Boike's Goat Cheese and Portabella Sandwichs:

Ahem Boike's Goat Cheese and Portabella Sandwich. Testing, 1, 2, 3, Boike's Goat Cheese and Portabella Sandwich Boike's Goat Cheese and Portabella Sandwich Boike's Goat Cheese and Portabella Sandwich. Oh no! It's broken?

There have been meetings all week at corporate hq to discuss the new replacement for Boike's Goat Cheese and Portabella Sandwichs. The leading contender right now is "boike's cooking".

bmart

My CB-1 (CB400F...strange name as there already was one of these!) is an inline 4.

JustAnotherSquid

Used to ride a motorcycle
Not only have CBs been twins but they've also been singles! Thus the nomenclature "CB" does not designate cylinder count, despite the common misconception that it is only used for four cylinder bikes.

bmart

boike333

There have been meetings all week at corporate hq to discuss the new replacement for Boike's Goat Cheese and Portabella Sandwichs. The leading contender right now is "boike's cooking".
Hahahah! Is there a new poll coming our way soon admin? I’m not sure I could go up against Bmart’s countershaft sprocket!

AndyMX47

It's posts like this that keep me coming back for more Boike's Goat Cheese and Portabella Sandwichs! :love: :love: :love:

admin

Overworked and underpaid
Staff member
It's posts like this that keep me coming back for more Boike's Goat Cheese and Portabella Sandwichs! :love: :love: :love:

Here at CMR, the short version of our motto is "We aim to please!"

Of course, the full version is "We aim to please our Alien Overlords who have entrusted us to help keep the general population distracted while they infiltrate all of the world's governments to collapse our economies and have their alien children feed on us for generations!" But that's a mouthful so we prefer the short version.

AndyMX47

Cool bike! Saw a FB post from a guy riding the MABDR on one.

Sounds like a KTM 690 with better suspension and a 4.5 gallon fuel tank. And before you say "I bet that is a piece of unreliable junk" like I did....maybe it isn't?

At first glance, it still sounds heavy - 341lbs. Not sure what it would be like on the highway.

JustAnotherSquid

Well now here's a good one! To be honest, from the very beginning I was watching it with the attitude of "yeah but it is it better than an F650GS?" and everything he said was "um, no".

I rode a KLR back in the early 2000's and I swear everything he said about the 2022 model is exactly the same.

But anyway, who wants to watch a 36 minute video? Let's skip to the good parts!

Awwww Zack that's so sweet!

Well yeah that's always the issue. But BMW balanced it better than Kawasaki!

Haha, that was the dash of the BMW in 2003! Except BMW wasn't smart enough to label the clock with the words "CLOCK". People might get confused otherwise and I get it. And oh yeah, the BMW had a tach.

Andy, just don't shift to second!

Last edited:

JustAnotherSquid

Actually a really good question!

And finally, it finished both higher and lower than I expected!

Last edited:

boike333

Incoming from Honder

Very interesting! Anybody remember several years ago when the AMA circuit had an ebike series running with the regular schedule. It was very cool to see them come by after the race bike series at VIRN. All there was was a low volume high pitch scream through. Pretty cool!

AndyMX47

Actually a really good question!

And finally, it finished both higher and lower than I expected!
I had a 2016 KLR650 with 4,000 miles on it to ride the MABDR. Bought it mostly apart for $2,500. Put it back together, cleaned it, had to buy a kill switch and new tires and some other other Boike's Goat Cheese and Portabella Sandwichs (pipe, jet kit, big footpegs) that were totally unecessary because I'm stupid, rode the MABDR sections 1&2, and sold it for $3,900.

It was a good bike, albeit not really different from the 1984 (?) KLR. The new ones have FI and stiffer fork springs. It has a big gas tank, torquey engine, windscreen, handguards, comfy seat (a bit squishy, but ok) and a rack on the back for your stuff. It's a bit heavy, and a bit slow. There is absolutely no reason to have a tach - shift when it stops making power. You had to sit wayyy far forward on the tank to get it to turn well in the dirt - it's a bit of a chopper, even with 5+ gallons of fuel up front. 200+ miles on a tank!

Anyway, it was actually a pretty decent bike, and a great value if you want to trundle around, see the sights, and go offroad once in a while. I had no trouble keeping up with an F850 and KTM 1090. Except on fast stretches of pavement.

boike333

Put it back together, cleaned it, had to buy a kill switch and new tires and some other other Boike's Goat Cheese and Portabella Sandwichs (pipe, jet kit, big footpegs) that were totally unecessary because I'm stupid,
Hahahahaha! This is hilarious! Is this a thing? I thought there was going to be a poll before this could take place?