US Motorcycle Sales 1999-2016 (and beyond)

bmart

JAS hasn't bought a new bike in a few hours...

AndyMX47

1657555979868.png

Who cares about an 11 year old motorcyle - I want Italian carbon slippers!!!! I'd wear them everywhere! And....a pitbull that dresses for the road? Does it dress for church on Sunday? What else can this pitbull do? Would it eat JAS cats? So many questions, so little time.

***Edit: I just realized my cycling shoes have carbon fiber soles. Cancel the slipper order. I will take the pitbull that dresses for the road, however.

Last edited:

bmart

JustAnotherSquid

Used to ride a motorcycle

Did those have full electronics? Only way I'm hopping on a bike that fast is with full electronics.

JustAnotherSquid

I'm not going to link specific points in this video because either it grabs your attention or it doesn't. But if it does, it's a good one! He gets a little sentimental around his old homestead and as someone that lived in rural NH for the fourth, fifth, and sixth grades I can relate.

Last edited:

AndyMX47

I'm not going to link specific points in this video because either it grabs your attention or it doesn't. But if it does, it's a good one! He gets a little sentimental around his old homestead and as someone that lived in rural NH for the fourth, fifth, and sixth grades I can relate.

New England sure is beautiful! I grew up in central NY, and spent several years working in south eastern NY for a company with headquarters in VT. If only you didn't have to shovel snow....

JustAnotherSquid

New England sure is beautiful! I grew up in central NY, and spent several years working in south eastern NY for a company with headquarters in VT. If only you didn't have to shovel snow....

Yes, so beautiful, quaint, simple, and honest. The snow and cold did suck though. I also remember the sun setting around 3:30 in the winter. Those long nights could get depressing. I like sunshine!

JustAnotherSquid

"Despite being in prototype form, the fueling and response were very satisfying; combined with the seemingly unflappable chassis, that made this stupid-tight road a total blast on a bike that doesn’t look like it stands a chance to impress in that environment. The bike is reminiscent of Honda’s VFR800 or Ducati’s ST2 or ST4, lightweight and sporty bikes with more upright ergonomics. If you can’t have fun running roads like this on the V100, hang up your boots."

bmart

And not bad looking. If it is more than $4k, you know I'm out. :p

JustAnotherSquid

And not bad looking. If it is more than $4k, you know I'm out. :p

If the review is accurate then the V100 is the closest thing to a spiritual successor to the R1100S I've ever seen! And yes, I've seen the R1250RS.

On another note, I had an RT as a service loaner for a few days some time around ... 2003? I had low expectations but was blown away by how competent it was. The bike cornered better than most sport bikes up until the point it ran out of ground clearance - which was later than you'd expect but sooner than you'd want.

Back then I think the RT weighed in the low 600s and made under a hundred horsepower. It seemed like enough to get the job done in both cases. In this video both the weight and horsepower have taken significant leaps. I have to wonder though, is the bike better for it?