US Motorcycle Sales 1999-2016 (and beyond)

bmart

Farkle. Farkle. Farkle. Farkle. Farkle. Farkle. Farkle. Farkle. Farkle. Farkle. Farkle. Farkle. Farkle. Farkle. Farkle.

1614876954920.png

bmart

Fell out of the ugly tree and hit every branch...as they used to be allowed to say.

1614890359141.png

JustAnotherSquid

Actively crashing motorcycles
Aprilia has somewhat redeemed themselves with this though. By all accounts it's a comfortable, rational, and competent sport bike, and it's not half-bad looking.

It even has cruise control! Sadly, no heated grips.

Gallery_1920x1080_composizione_colori_text_6.jpg

Last edited:

bmart

I have never gelled with anything they've made. Heated grips are silly. Cruise control is for people who don't want to be in control of their bike.

Oh...and I'm grumpy. :p

JustAnotherSquid

I have never gelled with anything they've made. Heated grips are silly. Cruise control is for people who don't want to be in control of their bike.

Oh...and I'm grumpy. :p

I get that you don't like heated grips, Mr. Cranky McCrankypants. But you will after you've had the Tracer 9 GT for a while! You might even find yourself using the cruise control occasionally. :D

Last edited:

bmart

it isn't that part of my hands that is in teh wind, so heated gloves make more sense to me...but they are/were a PITA. fortunately it never gets that cold here when I'm riding.

JustAnotherSquid

In addition to R1, R3, R6, and R7, Yamaha has just trademarked the name "R9".

I'll leave it to the reader to determine how totally awesome that has the potential to be. :)

bmart

It'll be like owning 3 R3s without the need for added space!

JustAnotherSquid

90hp? 400 pounds full of gas? I want one. Not sure if I want one for a street bike or a track bike, but I want one.

Last edited:

bmart

You can have it. It'll be a blast, but Aprilia products and I don't get on. Yamaha 7 or 9 will make more sense to me...if they appear. If you get one, can I ride it? :)

JustAnotherSquid

If you get one, can I ride it? :)

Sure, after I install the heated grips!

I initially thought it was a little pricey for what you get, but towards the end of the video he makes a good case for it being a bit of a bargain. It has all of the electronic goodies of the Ducati Supersport, and offers similar performance, but costs much less. Yes, the engine is more pedestrian than the Ducati V-Twin, but the rest of the bike screams "Italian Exotic".

Or so he says.

bmart

Hady har har...

I've never met a parallel twin (or an Aprilia!) that I like, but who knows. The little engine on the FZ07 was decent. My bar should be low considering what I own.

JustAnotherSquid

I bet the RS660 causes a market glut of track-prepped SV650s. I sure would like to pick one up cheap for when KK is ready to upgrade.

And then another one cheap for when I am ready to downgrade. :)

JustAnotherSquid

A depressing thought just came to me. They made the RS660 engine by cutting an RSV4 engine in half. But what if they had cut it in half length-wise instead of cross-ways?

Le sigh. :(

bmart

Complexity and cost. That's why we don't have any V or 4-I 250-500cc models. They would be the most fun, but no one would buy them due to cost.