Track Bike Ideas

JustAnotherSquid

Used to ride a motorcycle
@2slow, you could do track days. I know you'll say you're too old or whatever, but that's not true at all. You could go out in the beginner group and just have fun, and only move up if/when you wanted to.

And doing a track day would be a heck of a lot easier than riding that Harley two-up. If you can do that you can definitely ride a lightweight, friendly bike around a track. ;)

JustAnotherSquid

Does anyone have an opinion on this bike?

http://forums.13x.com/index.php?threads/2017-fz07-built-by-edr-performance-648-miles.370052/

bmart

Great engine. Suspension looks sorted. Not into Red... It'd be a hoot! 🚀

JustAnotherSquid

bmart, did you buy your Triton used or did you bite the bullet and buy a new one? I've been looking for a used Triton but have come up completely empty. Either they aren't out there or I'm looking in the wrong places.

bmart

My first one, AUT864, was used. This one, AUT1064, was new. Same problem. I found only a few for sale and the prices were nearly identical. A bit like Subarus. I got mine from a guy on/near route 16. Palmer Motorsports, Denver NC. under $2500 and added chocks. Moved spare wheel to side.

JustAnotherSquid

Alright, I made my final offer on that R1. If he doesn't take it, I'm going to try to make a deal on that red FZ07. It's out of my price range, but damn is it gorgeous.

2slow

@2slow, you could do track days. I know you'll say you're too old or whatever, but that's not true at all. You could go out in the beginner group and just have fun, and only move up if/when you wanted to.
Yeah. Thats just what I need, another hobby I can't afford. I WOULD love it though. :D

JustAnotherSquid

From the 'Official List of Things No One Ever Said on Their Death Bed':

#87: "Boy am I glad I didn't buy a motorcycle and ride it around a racetrack! That would have SUCKED!"

:D

KK has committed (should be committed) to being our pit crew, unless/until she decides she wants a track bike too. Which on second thought may not take very long.

Last edited:

JustAnotherSquid

My first one, AUT864, was used. This one, AUT1064, was new. Same problem. I found only a few for sale and the prices were nearly identical. A bit like Subarus. I got mine from a guy on/near route 16. Palmer Motorsports, Denver NC. under $2500 and added chocks. Moved spare wheel to side.

Does yours have the wood deck or the aluminum deck?

bmart

I wanted the space for bike stands on the front and room to walk around in the back, and carry a large canopy.

JustAnotherSquid

bmart, is there are particular chock that is the one to get? Like you, I'm going to be using the trailer for a variety of bikes so I'm not sure the Pit Bull solution (as awesome as it looks) is right for me.

Scratch that. I'm going to bite the bullet and get the Pit Bull system.

Last edited:

bmart

It is excellent, but WAY out of myprice range for something that is used so infrequently.

JustAnotherSquid

Well, this kinda sucks! I got the Triton in the garage but only by putting half of the stuff in the garage on it lol. No idea where I'm going to put the Gixxer when it gets here. I need to have a garage sale ... or a bonfire. :D