The Death of the V-Twin

JustAnotherSquid

Used to ride a motorcycle
Whelp, it looks like the little v-twin lives on for at least one more year:

Of course, they could end up selling the p-twin alongside it next year. Especially if it's an 800 as some of the rumors have suggested.

AndyMX47

Some interesting tidbits in there.

First - the V-strom gets tubeless spoked wheels, but the Africa Twin (at least the entry level one) and Tenere 700 still have tubes?!?!? WTF Honda and Yamaha! Get with the program. I'm not picking on the KLR650 having tubes, because it costs, like $5 new.

Udder than that.....what is a touchstone motorcycle? Stress free riding during brief daily use? DR-BIG? Is he a cartoon character, like Doctor Evil? A strong rush of high RPM power that's ready for any mission. JAS? Boike? Care to comment on this strong rush of power?

B-mart should like the two asterisk lawyer notes about ABS and traction control not being a substitute for....oh wait, using your brain.

Anyway, I think a V-strom 650XT Adv looks pretty good!

1663853605778.png
1663853630434.png

JustAnotherSquid

DR-BIG? Is he a cartoon character, like Doctor Evil?

Hey did you ever see Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog? It was good old-fashioned goofy fun - with some fantastic actors!

A strong rush of high RPM power that's ready for any mission. JAS? Boike? Care to comment on this strong rush of power?

It definitely accelerates briskly through first gear!

Anyway, I think a V-strom 650XT Adv looks pretty good!

In comparing it to a Versys 650, it seems to be a clear winner. A 90 degree v-twin is far more engaging than a p-twin with a 180 degree crank and from what I've read the V-Strom has far better on-off throttle response. Not to mention more power. I think the only reason the journos gravitate to the Versys is the 17 inch wheels!

JustAnotherSquid

I just rewatched that for the first time in probably ten years and wow, while it is definitely funny I'd forgotten how dark and sad it is also. :(

There is so much subtle genius in it. It's written and acted better than most movies these days!

Last edited: