The Culinary Thread (edit - also acceptable: pocket knives and flashlights - not acceptable: canopies and mathematics)

JustAnotherSquid

Used to ride a motorcycle
Seems like this thread is way overdue, seeing as we have a real chef in the house and all. And I know a few of us are definite foodies.

I'll kick it off with something simple. How's this for a Lunch of Champions? Dark chili chocolate and unsalted peanuts! YUM!!!

IMG_9678.jpg

bmart

Oh brother. I'm into cheap and quantity. And I like my chocolate to taste like...chocolate. Nuts? No thanks. $3 DaVinci's slice for lunchee? Oh yea!

Shouldn't you be looking in the sofa for tire change?

What brand knife is that?

Why are there so many flashlights?

What's a henway?

JustAnotherSquid

Oh brother. I'm into cheap and quantity. And I like my chocolate to taste like...chocolate. Nuts? No thanks. $3 DaVinci's slice for lunchee? Oh yea!

Shouldn't you be looking in the sofa for tire change?

What brand knife is that?

Why are there so many flashlights?

What's a henway?

I'm working on the tire issue, and a few other issues that would have to be resolved in order to be able to go Friday. And I also have to decide I want to go Friday. But it's all in progress at the moment. :)

The knife is a Ganzo. It's a cheap knock-off of a Benchmade because Fuck Benchmade. I have around 150 pocket knives (yes really!) including many Benchmades bought before I found out they were just another evil company and decided to never ever buy another one of their products.

I have a spreadsheet of all of my flashlights (you'd be so proud Brad!) so that on Charging Day I can make sure I don't miss any. :D

Life is too short to eat crappy food.

IMG_6216.jpg

rGNj1Tv.png

bmart

I have fewer, but some nice flashlights too. Nitecore is my fav.

My bank account has assigned me cheap food. lol

And knives. I have some to, even one with a dragonfly or something on it! My fav is the cheapo blue plastic one...low end like I am!

C28PT_Both.png

JustAnotherSquid

Oh, and having multiple flashlights is like having multiple bikes. Different tools for different tasks. You don't want to use a flooder to look at something across your yard, and you don't want to use a thrower to look for something behind your desk. :)

AndyMX47

So, back to the culinary thread, we have:
  • Peanuts and chocolate
  • A corn muffin
  • A banana
Foodies indeed. Back to poetry.

bmart

Oh no you don't!

Desserts on my favorite buffet.

20220419_122106.jpg

Decent brisket sandwich.

20220201_120929.jpg

boike333

BTW Eric didn’t mean to get a shot of his FLESHlights in the shot hahaha!

bmart

Why would I ever be serious? Haven't you met me?

boike333

Haha, me too! Just the last thing I expected to see. Right after a put out lunch! Thought damn why didn’t I take pics!

Guess my joke fell flat….

bmart

Chocolate or chocolate chip pound cake?

20201127_175552.jpg
20211009_212118.jpg

BOTH, obviously!

boike333

Hahaha! I’m just joking. Looks good JAS. I like the butter, sear the egg harder, I use a spatula too!

I’m glad there is a thread I actually know more than other people here, every other one not so much!

Here is one of the things I’m working on today sorry it’s blurry from the film.
024F90FE-1498-4A23-95B2-467D0BD52279.jpeg