Track Day Squirrels In The Attic (also something about a Patriot/North track weekend 10/30-31)

JustAnotherSquid

Used to ride a motorcycle
We tried mothballs but didn't have any success. Theoretically we would have bought a trap and tried various baits like peanut butter and dried corn on the cob but since trapping them and driving them ten miles away is of question legality we didn't do that. And theoretically if we had done that, it wouldn't have worked either. Theoretically. I can't stress that enough.

I'm ready to go scorched earth on the little buggers. Theoretically of course.

We do see bats flying around at night, and we don't have a mosquito problem despite having a "stream" in our back yard that is usually just standing water so the bats must be working!

AndyMX47

Might help to cut back any tree limbs that are allowing the squirrels to get to the attic. But good luck with that, as they seem to be totally fearless sky-divers willing to jump 20 feet from limb to limb. My home office is on the 2nd floor, and a squirrel regularly walks across the window ledge in front of my and my 85 lb dog, seeming saying "Hi, I'm on my way to the attic, and neither you, your dog, or the bats can stop me".

boike333

It's hard to get squirrels out of the attic. Some people try moth balls, others trap them. We had bats behind one of our shutters. I found out that it's against the law to disturb them between.....May and July? I did learn that if you knock on the shutter they will fly away and never come back. Do you guys have bats on your property? I like them because they eat mosquitos.
I haven’t had either in/on my house. But there are a lot of bats flying around the lake at dusk which is nice. And fun to watch.

I had chipmunks in my yard last year but I brought a bunch of old spices from work and clogged them up with cloves and chipotle peppers and other fun smelly spices. They moved, to the back yard.

Need to get rid of a yellow jacket house in the yard. Gasoline is the only thing I found that works!

bmart

Fill the holes they're coming in? There shouldn't be any holes that big!

AndyMX47

Need to get rid of a yellow jacket house in the yard. Gasoline is the only thing I found that works!
Wait until night time. You'll see them all going into the ground at dusk. Once it's dark, squirt a little dish soap in the hole, put your garden hose in, and turn it on and let the hose run for 5 or 10 minutes. You'll drown them. You can skip the dish soap if you want - I've heard that helps stick to the ones that might not drown. Repeat if necessary. If too far for a hose to reach, use a 5 gallon bucket of soapy water. Make sure to wait until after dark so they are all inside.

boike333

Found a nest the other night, gassed em. I tried all the other ways to no avail when I just meh, what can it hurt to try.