Track Day Squirrels In The Attic (also something about a Patriot/North track weekend 10/30-31)

boike333

I guess we’re going to have to figure something out on this for VIR P…….

AndyMX47

I guess we’re going to have to figure something out on this for VIR P…….
I started looking for lodging for the last weekend in Oct at VIR Patriot - the hotels are all booked or $1,000,000 a night, so we are going to have to get creative. I have not called VIR yet to see if they have rooms available at the track. I did find a few AirBNB/VRBO places not far away, all single occupancy though. Seeing as this will be my "once annual" track day, I gotta make it happen!

JustAnotherSquid

Used to ride a motorcycle
I started looking for lodging for the last weekend in Oct at VIR Patriot - the hotels are all booked or $1,000,000 a night, so we are going to have to get creative. I have not called VIR yet to see if they have rooms available at the track. I did find a few AirBNB/VRBO places not far away, all single occupancy though. Seeing as this will be my "once annual" track day, I gotta make it happen!

Yikes! Thanks for the heads-up! I guess I'll start looking today. We are planning on doing Patriot and North so we're going to need a room for both Saturday and Sunday nights. :oops:

boike333

Yikes! Thanks for the heads-up! I guess I'll start looking today. We are planning on doing Patriot and North so we're going to need a room for both Saturday and Sunday nights. :oops:
Yikes is right! Anybody checked VIR yet? Worst case for me I’ll sleep in the back of the Highlander.

JustAnotherSquid

Yikes is right! Anybody checked VIR yet? Worst case for me I’ll sleep in the back of the Highlander.

I didn't get to it today but I think tomorrow afternoon I'll be able to give them a call. Their reservation website is down again.

RocketDan

Huh, I have the Hampton in Danville booked for that weekend. But I booked a long time ago. VIR probably has rooms. I was able to get a room at VIR the weekend of IMSA when all of Danville was sold out.

boike333

I didn't get to it today but I think tomorrow afternoon I'll be able to give them a call. Their reservation website is down again.
What could possibly be going on to fill the rooms there if not for something going on at VIR? Just checked the website, still down. Must have been coming out of turn one!

Have y’all ever been into town before? I like driving through little towns like that. It would be a awesome renovated town brought back to life. Must have been some big money there at one point. And there is a good little cafe there with something interesting things and a 1000 degree pizza oven. JAS looking at you!

bmart

Danville raceway and some other big venues up there. They rarely fill for anything at VIR. I book my season in January/February when the schedules come out and alter from there.

JustAnotherSquid

What could possibly be going on to fill the rooms there if not for something going on at VIR? Just checked the website, still down. Must have been coming out of turn one!

Have y’all ever been into town before? I like driving through little towns like that. It would be a awesome renovated town brought back to life. Must have been some big money there at one point. And there is a good little cafe there with something interesting things and a 1000 degree pizza oven. JAS looking at you!

Halloween?

We've stayed in town near the mall a few times, and at the Holiday Inn Express on the river a few times. Also at the place by the airport. Usually we stay at VIR. I can't believe it's barely been two years and we've been up there that many times.

I'm up for charred pizza Saturday night if you guys are!

JustAnotherSquid

VIR is sold out Saturday night but has rooms available Sunday night.

Shitty hotels in Danville are almost $300/night if they aren't sold out already. We might bail on Patriot and just do North. Or maybe drive up Sunday morning and get there just in time to make tech. That means we'll miss the first session or two to finish setting up just in time to take down and move to North lol.

boike333

VIR is sold out Saturday night but has rooms available Sunday night.

Shitty hotels in Danville are almost $300/night if they aren't sold out already. We might bail on Patriot and just do North. Or maybe drive up Sunday morning and get there just in time to make tech. That means we'll miss the first session or two to finish setting up just in time to take down and move to North lol.
I thought you might do the RV thing again, was that not a good choice?

I’ll probably just sleep in the Toyota, not ideal but it’ll work and we can’t bail on Andy’s one track day. Now if it looks crappy wether I am out!

AndyMX47

I thought you might do the RV thing again, was that not a good choice?

I’ll probably just sleep in the Toyota, not ideal but it’ll work and we can’t bail on Andy’s one track day. Now if it looks crappy wether I am out!
I will be weather dependent too - I usually sign up Tuesday night the week of, maybe a bit sooner. I'll keep you guys in the loop!

Edit: I found an AirBnB in Yanceyville, 25 minutes from the track. If I am going to bail out, I have to cancel by the Monday the 24th.

Last edited:

JustAnotherSquid

There are hotels in South Boston available at their regular-ish price for Saturday night. Looks like that's about 30 minutes from VIR.

edit - the RV thing is going to be awesome if/when we have our own ATC toy hauler. But the rvshare thing is a dud IMO.

AndyMX47

There are hotels in South Boston available at their regular-ish price for Saturday night. Looks like that's about 30 minutes from VIR.

edit - the RV thing is going to be awesome if/when we have our own ATC toy hauler. But the rvshare thing is a dud IMO.
Why don't you like the RV Share thing JAS?

JustAnotherSquid

Why don't you like the RV Share thing JAS?

Our (admittedly limited) experience is it's expensive, the RVs are trashed, and your experience is highly dependent upon the quality of the owner, which is hard to suss out ahead of time because the reviews are often lies.

JustAnotherSquid

Ok, we booked a place for Saturday and Sunday nights so weather permitting we are in for both days! And we're close enough to Danville to get some pizza Saturday or Sunday night if anyone wants to (assuming we're not already full from all the Goat Cheese and Portabella sandwiches).

Maybe we can get @admin in here to split the Patriot/North posts off into a new thread. But reports from Corporate HQ are that he's been staring at trees and babbling incoherently for weeks now and that's not a good sign.

boike333

Hahaha, here ya go trying keep the convo to the restricted threads again……where did you get a spot?

JustAnotherSquid

Splitting these posts off into a new thread is the right thing to do in case we need a place to talk about how to get squirrels out of your attic.

Which, by the way, how do you get squirrels out of your attic?

We booked an airbnb just outside of Milton.

Last edited:

AndyMX47

It's hard to get squirrels out of the attic. Some people try moth balls, others trap them. We had bats behind one of our shutters. I found out that it's against the law to disturb them between.....May and July? I did learn that if you knock on the shutter they will fly away and never come back. Do you guys have bats on your property? I like them because they eat mosquitos.