Some interesting bikes for sale

bmart

You're so wrong! (At least the color is nice.)

Ahem...

JustAnotherSquid

Used to ride a motorcycle
That Duc had $4K of service done to it at 5K miles? Wow,

The dealer is on Long Island so there's probably some premium for that but ... yeah. I've heard horror stories about basic service charges at Ducati dealers many times and it never gets old.

bmart

I watched them to mine on my first 748, which was really fun. But the bills...and do you remember the rocker arm scandal?

belts.jpg

dyno1.jpg

wornrockerclose.jpg

JustAnotherSquid

I'm done helping JAS if he doesn't jump on this. Karen has too much class.

Very cool bike but not my speed - literally or figuratively!

After we get KK's R7 squared away and the R3 sold to it's new home, if RS660s are available that might be our next purchase - and selling both SVs will cover most of the cost of one!

Last edited:

bmart

In my very early days of riding, a friend, Larry, had a supercharged one. I rode it once and it was a beast.

bmart

It is. They installed hardened aftermarket ones, factory approved. It was just easier!

JustAnotherSquid

Oh my god! This is so well done. If Yamaha did this I would buy it. Period.

If I had one criticism it would be that the bikini fairing should be mounted higher. Other than that they nailed it - especially given the donor bike!

yamaha-xsr700-kit-02.jpg

AndyMX47

Holy moly, that looks like a riot. If only I wasn't a 6'-2" giant.

I'm sure we've posted this here before, but I think it was hidden between posts about eclairs and cats:

Last edited:

bmart

Sounds like Andy. "If forced to sum up the RGV, our testers would say, “Awesome power on top, poor midrange carburetion, crappy brakes… I want one.”

Sounds like something I'm about to respond to. "Long did a cleanup and safety check but wasn’t able to adjust the carb needles to our track’s sea-level elevation." You have to do what???

This made me sad. Poor feeling is nearly never brake pads. "Who knows the brake-pad history, but they felt wooden, old, hard…" (then they put new pads on the Honder!)

This has happened to me many times. "If you’re hands-off and shy in the garage, go buy a new 600 four-stroke, but don’t be surprised when a well-ridden, well-tuned 250 streetbike goes by you on corner entry, smelling like a ’90s GP paddock and sounding like a swarm of insects."

All beautiful...but I'd go with a simlar era 4-stroke if I had the coin. I've long wanted to own a CBR250RR and a VFR/RVF/CBR 400.

boike333

Holy moly, that looks like a riot. If only I wasn't a 6'-2" giant.

I'm sure we've posted this here before, but I think it was hidden between posts about eclairs and cats:

Nice work Andy, nice work!