Site email questions

AndyMX47

The older I get, the faster I was
Forum question - I set all my preferences to "no e-mails" - but I still get e-mails every time I post. Please make it stop. I already get 50,000 e-mails a day.

JustAnotherSquid

Used to ride a motorcycle
Oh boy, the admin's going to be pissed now. This thread was supposed to be locked and now we are mucking it all up.

Probably what you want to do is check these settings?

settings.png

AndyMX47

1657732944543.png

I guess I need to stop "automatically watching" even though all the e-mail boxes are unchecked?

JustAnotherSquid

Used to ride a motorcycle
I texted the admin about an hour ago but he's ignoring me. You might want to check the emails you are getting as they will often indicate which option generated them, and if you can't figure it out, then forward them to admin@ and he can probably figure it out for you.

admin

Overworked and underpaid
Staff member
I texted the admin about an hour ago but he's ignoring me.

It's not that I'm ignoring you it's just that I don't want to talk to you. Xenforo released 2.2.10 this morning and I've been busy upgrading forums for people that actually pay me. But I went ahead and upgraded CMR a few minutes ago and I'll be glad to send you a bill that you'll just throw away.

Andy, "watch with email notifications" is a per-thread setting. The settings in the control panel merely set the default behavior. That means any threads that you were watching with email notification are still set that way. You can change those settings in the "Watched" menu in the main menu bar. Click "select all" then you can either disable emails or stop watching all threads.

AndyMX47

We need a new way to send Andy e-mails he doesn't want.
Reporting to Admin. Come in, admin. I can't get rid of material junk I no longer want or need fast enough, let alone cyber junk.