Sat on one of these the other day...

JustAnotherSquid

Used to ride a motorcycle
Joined
Sep 2, 2006
Messages
597


https://www.kawasaki.com/products/2021-ninja-1000sx?cm_re=MPP-_-PRODUCTTRIMLIST-_-VEHICLEDETAILS

Man, that is so close to being the perfect Mountain Run bike.  Decent riding position, good handling, good wind protection, plenty of power, abs, tcs (with the new Bosch IMU no less), heated grips ($300), color tft display, and available saddle bags, all for under $13K.  Really, the only negatives I could come up with are that it's a four-cylinder and has a chain drive.  If it was a big twin (or even a triple) I'd have bought it on the spot.

I can't believe Kawasaki is the only one of the big four making a bike like this.  (The FJR is significantly larger and heavier so it's kind of in a different class.)  The GSX-S1000F would be an option, but they really need to update it with some of the nifty tech the Ninja has, LIKE CRUISE CONTROL.  

Or BMW could make an F900GT.  That would work too.   :cool:
 

juncc

New member
Joined
Sep 3, 2006
Messages
82
Glad I actually read your post instead of just looking at the picture. Totally thought this was just another bike that would make my wrists hurt. That handlebar position looks comfy.

Total side note - I really like what Kawasaki has done with their naming conventions. Using "ZX" and "H" to differentiate between the lines is slick. H is clearly the better commuter option. Did I do that right?
 

Attachments

  • Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    127.6 KB · Views: 109

JustAnotherSquid

Used to ride a motorcycle
Joined
Sep 2, 2006
Messages
597
juncc said:
Total side note - I really like what Kawasaki has done with their naming conventions. Using "ZX" and "H" to differentiate between the lines is slick. H is clearly the better commuter option. Did I do that right?

Yeah I'm pretty sure that's how it works. This is your commute, right?

 

juncc

New member
Joined
Sep 3, 2006
Messages
82
Jay - "Yeah babe, the commute was crazy today. I stuffed it up the inside of this guy. Yeah, at the corkscrew -- right through dirt!"
Wife - "Is that him flopping in the dirt at 11?"
Jay - "HA! Sure is. Can't lie - he's got a long career ahead of him. Guaranteed."

This post is brought to you by a Casey Stoner fan boi
 

2slow

Member
Joined
Mar 23, 2020
Messages
38
Ah go ahead, get it! KK has 2 so should you. Btw, got that track bike yet?
 

JustAnotherSquid

Used to ride a motorcycle
Joined
Sep 2, 2006
Messages
597
Thanks for the encouragement! I have to be careful about buying bikes though because I don't want to end up in this situation again:



...or do I?
 

2slow

Member
Joined
Mar 23, 2020
Messages
38
All i can say is wow! Dirt bikes too? Where did you put all the bicycles?
 

KrashnKaren

Member
Joined
Sep 2, 2006
Messages
78
2slow said:
All i can say is wow!  Dirt bikes too? Where did you put all the bicycles?

Haha!  This photo is from our 2002 heyday of dirt and track riding.  Our two bicycles are in the way back of the garage and probably had flats since we were spending all our time riding things with motors!
 

2slow

Member
Joined
Mar 23, 2020
Messages
38
KrashnKaren said:
2slow said:
All i can say is wow!  Dirt bikes too? Where did you put all the bicycles?

Haha!  This photo is from our 2002 heyday of dirt and track riding.  Our two bicycles are in the way back of the garage and probably had flats since we were spending all our time riding things with motors!

Hate I  didnt know you guys back then.   I'd like to see ya'll  on them dirt bikes.  I had some great times on dirt, I just gave it up when I got a driver's license. Haven't been on dirt since.
 

JustAnotherSquid

Used to ride a motorcycle
Joined
Sep 2, 2006
Messages
597
2slow said:
KrashnKaren said:
2slow said:
All i can say is wow!  Dirt bikes too? Where did you put all the bicycles?

Haha!  This photo is from our 2002 heyday of dirt and track riding.  Our two bicycles are in the way back of the garage and probably had flats since we were spending all our time riding things with motors!

Hate I  didnt know you guys back then.   I'd like to see ya'll  on them dirt bikes.  I had some great times on dirt, I just gave it up when I got a driver's license. Haven't been on dirt since.

You know, we're not dead yet.  There is still time.  :cool:


(Not gonna lie; I wasn't into big jumps.  Crashing hurts and I'm a wimp.  But the little ones were fine.)

Even KK was into catching some air:
 

2slow

Member
Joined
Mar 23, 2020
Messages
38
Back in my day that was Big air. Of course my Harley has more suspension travel than my first dirt bike and is only slightly heavier.
 

JustAnotherSquid

Used to ride a motorcycle
Joined
Sep 2, 2006
Messages
597
Back in my day that was Big air. Of course my Harley has more suspension travel than my first dirt bike and is only slightly heavier.

So what you are saying is ... a set of knobbies and you are good to go? :D
 
Top