Track Day Roebling Road *** Sat-Sun, March 13-14 *** N2 Track Days

JustAnotherSquid

Used to ride a motorcycle
You guys ready?

The bikes are loaded on the trailer and chomping at the bit! You can almost feel them straining to get out of the TRS pins. Bummer that you hate RRR; it would have been awesome to see you down there.

As is ALWAYS my luck, I had a twenty year old benign sebaceous cyst decide to get infected this morning (AND FIVE DAYS BEFORE OUR TRACK DAY), and had to go to urgent care to get it cut open and drained. It shouldn't prevent me from riding this weekend but I won't know for sure until Thursday. Woohoo.

JustAnotherSquid

Just got the ok to ride this weekend! 2slow and Mrs. 2slow, we will see you in Savannah!

(Actually we would have seen you there no matter what ... KK made it clear that she was riding either way. :D)

Last edited:

bmart

Excellent news! Will you be taking any video this weekend?

2slow

KK and Squid looked good on the track today. I think Squid was a little rusty at first, but came around. Also had to get used to a new bike. He was looking really fast by days end. I believe he could have easily moved up to intermediate class. He was definitely faster and looked better than most and likely all in the novice class. For KKs first time ever on a track, she did fantastic.

JustAnotherSquid

KK and Squid looked good on the track today. I think Squid was a little rusty at first, but came around. Also had to get used to a new bike. He was looking really fast by days end. I believe he could have easily moved up to intermediate class. He was definitely faster and looked better than most and likely all in the novice class. For KKs first time ever on a track, she did fantastic.

Let's see, that was $20 if you said something nice about KK and another $20 if you said something nice about me, right? The check is in the mail!

Thank you for the kind words. It was great to have you guys there. Honestly, we could not have done the first day without your help.

Last edited:

JustAnotherSquid

My heart stopped Sunday afternoon when the crash truck rolled up with KK's bike. I couldn't move or think, but just stood there like an idiot with my mouth open.

After what seemed like an eternity, she jumped out of the truck and said "I'm ok! There's something wrong with the engine. I think it's seized. So I pulled off the track and had it towed back."

Turns out she'd accidentally hit the kill switch coming out of turn 2. :ROFLMAO:

bmart

The old kill switch trick...Seen it. Done it. Always glad that is all that it was!

JustAnotherSquid

Twenty years ago, I felt comfortable on the bike, comfortable on the track, and comfortable with myself. This weekend, I was not comfortable with any of those things. Every session was a struggle and I don't know why. But I'll figure it out eventually.

Having said that, I'm counting the seconds to the next one. :)

KrashnKaren

Thank you Mr. & Mrs. 2Slow for all of your help and encouragement this weekend! You guys were a great pit crew and I'm so glad you were able to make my first track day! I had a blast and I'm ready to do another one! Woohoo! :)

KrashnKaren

The old kill switch trick...Seen it. Done it. Always glad that is all that it was!

Me too! It happened just as I was going into turn 2 and I was able to head towards the corner marshal. Thank goodness no one else was around. :)