Street Ride Riding in July

bmart

<was right

No way to limit it so that large ones get sized to be okay? My other forums all do it. Maybe older software or a setting change?

1656535609782.png

JustAnotherSquid

Used to ride a motorcycle
Other forums may have a larger cap on file size or run different software with different features. We have the latest version of Xenforo and as mentioned in another thread, we have limited disk space to host images. A server with more disk space is about ten times more expensive than what we are paying now, so the file size cap is not going to be increased unless Andy or I win the lottery.

bmart

Is it better if I do something different? I don't want to blow up our sweet forum.

bmart

Sunday 7/10 weather doesn't look terrible. Anyone interested in a spin, local or mountains?

bmart

Still hopeful about it clearing out there, but into other tasks until then...I suspect that VIR is submerged.

AndyMX47

Gravel bikes at Love Valley Saturday. Ride to the top, eat a sandwich, then chase us downhill. It will all average out in the end. You will burn gas and consume calories. We will burn calories and create gas.

bmart

Looks like there is a Little Switzerland ride on Saturday. I may join. I may sleep in.

JustAnotherSquid

Gravel bikes at Love Valley Saturday. Ride to the top, eat a sandwich, then chase us downhill. It will all average out in the end. You will burn gas and consume calories. We will burn calories and create gas.

Wait, do I understand this correctly? If we ride our motorcycles to Love Valley on Saturday we might have the opportunity to run you off the road?

AndyMX47

Wait, do I understand this correctly? If we ride our motorcycles to Love Valley on Saturday we might have the opportunity to run you off the road?

Absolutely! But you will have to time it right. We go uphill so slowly that all we would have to do to avoid a crash is put a foot down. We descend faster that you can, so you will have to risk life and limb to keep up. So seek out a handful of guys riding bicycles on the flats, and your task will be easy.

I'll send you the route - does 55 miles sound good?

JustAnotherSquid

Absolutely! But you will have to time it right. We go uphill so slowly that all we would have to do to avoid a crash is put a foot down. We descend faster that you can, so you will have to risk life and limb to keep up. So seek out a handful of guys riding bicycles on the flats, and your task will be easy.

I'll send you the route - does 55 miles sound good?

Sure! I'll talk to KK tonight and see if it's something she's up for.

At the very least, I can throw your bearing tools at you as we go flying by.

AndyMX47

1657898189070.png

Looks like it's only 45 or so....if you do go, feel free to leave the bearing smacker in the bed of Rusty the green Tundra. We're planning to start riding at 8:30 from the church. GPX file on the way. We should hit the first climb by 9:30, and be sitting ducks until 10am, wounded ducks until 10:30, then unguided missiles until 11am. The time to strike will be on the flats starting at mile 30 or so.

Last edited:

bmart

Someone posted a mountain ride tomorrow to LS and the area. May go do that.

JustAnotherSquid

View attachment 1250

Looks like it's only 45 or so....if you do go, feel free to leave the bearing smacker in the bed of Rusty the green Tundra. We're planning to start riding at 8:30 from the church. GPX file on the way. We should hit the first climb by 9:30, and be sitting ducks until 10am, wounded ducks until 10:30, then unguided missiles until 11am. The time to strike will be on the flats starting at mile 30 or so.

Got it, thank you! I'll shoot you a text if we decide to go.

bmart

Enjoy! Stlll riding my migraine. Probably on Shinkos...