Street Ride Riding in July

bmart

After this weekend at Road A, I might hit Patriot on the 17th with EvolveGT (less likely now that it is mostly SMs), and CMP on the 30th w/TDW (less likely due to the 4 a.m. awake time to get there in time), so July is ripe for street riding and mountain trips.

Anyone interested?

(I keep getting upliad file too large when trying to paste. Did the autoresizer die like my lap times?)

boike333

Certainly interested. I am booked until the 17th. Looking at 23 or 24 with EGT @ CMP. Booked the 25-29th. Planning N2 at S, on 8/1, but if that falls through will try and do TDW on the 29 or 30th. Well, that takes care of that month!

What's wrong with the SM's? Dont you have one?

bmart

Not at that level I don't! You've seen that I just putt around on that thing. It has nothing for a Husky 701, DRZ, or much else.

So....you're booked for all of July. I need new friends who have my interests at heart. :)

I want to SM for free.

boike333

Everyone's riding calendar is PROBABLY free from November - February. I WILL BE POSTING ABOUT SAND RIDING AGAIN.

JustAnotherSquid

Used to ride a motorcycle
The only things we have booked in July are North on July 9 and 10 and Full on Monday, July 25. We'll need some time in between those dates to make sure the track bikes are prepped but other than that I see a Mountain Run in our future.

JustAnotherSquid

Blah blah blah. Me me me. Blah blah blah... :p

The good ole days.

View attachment 1202

View attachment 1203

That was a great day! And true story: that was the day I decided to start doing track days. I had been half-heartedly kicking around the idea but after talking to you I said "Screw it I'm doing 'em!" The very next day I started researching track day orgs, looking for a track bike, posting a bunch of nonsense on the forums*, and trying to figure out how to convince KK to do track days too.

Turns out the last part wasn't hard at all, btw. All I had to do was be a jerk and pressure her into doing one. Then after her very first session she looked at me and said "just go ahead and sign me up for all the days". :D

*this part was nothing new actually

AndyMX47

Patriot is tempting on the 17th, but I think our gravel bicycle racing "team" will actually all race an event on the 16th near Tryon NC, so chances of a track day the day after = 0.

I'm booked/out of town all July weekends except the 8th. A mountain run sounds good, but you'd have to ride with me on my supermoto. Maybe JAS or Boike will have me.

Grumpy old Supermoto hater. Yeesh.

1656519579280.png

Link to Carlo Gagliardo shredding the A group on a FS450:

bmart

That looks like a PRE day. No chicane.

I'd mountain with you. And I have a garage full you can ride.

boike333

Patriot is tempting on the 17th, but I think our gravel bicycle racing "team" will actually all race an event on the 16th near Tryon NC, so chances of a track day the day after = 0.

I'm booked/out of town all July weekends except the 8th. A mountain run sounds good, but you'd have to ride with me on my supermoto. Maybe JAS or Boike will have me.

Grumpy old Supermoto hater. Yeesh.

View attachment 1205

Link to Carlo Gagliardo shredding the A group on a FS450:
haha, I wondered if you knew Carlo. I met him a long time ago when he had just moved down here. He has gone over the SV, FJR and now has the DRZ at his shop going through all the stuff I don't know about or is past my mechanical ability. I hear he is a fast MX rider as well as the big bikes on the track. He was at South with bmart and I earlier this year when I had a grip come loose he safety wired it up for me. Great guy.

oh and I have my kids the next two weeks. Pittsburgh/Hershey PA here we come!

admin

Overworked and underpaid
Staff member
(I keep getting upliad file too large when trying to paste. Did the autoresizer die like my lap times?)

It will resize a picture that is too big in terms of pixels but it will not resize a picture that is too big in terms of file size. In the latter case you have to get the file size under the limit, which is 1024KB.

bmart

I see...so my printscreeen attempts all fail. Drat!

admin

Overworked and underpaid
Staff member
I see...so my printscreeen attempts all fail. Drat!

Screenshots should never be over 1024KB unless you're saving them as a bitmap or something. Save them as JPG (or PNG depending on image and use).

bmart

I'm just prtsc then pasting into the body of the post...which always fails. No biggie. I'll just add the steps like I do now. Paste into Paint and resize or make it smaller and use the snipping tool.

JustAnotherSquid

Don't worry admin I got this one. You can go back to torturing puppies or whatever it is you do all day.

I'm just prtsc then pasting into the body of the post...which always fails. No biggie. I'll just add the steps like I do now. Paste into Paint and resize or make it smaller and use the snipping tool.

That's not going to work. That data is in the clipboard (which is temporary storage in system memory) and not in a file. You have to have a file to attach in order to attach a file. :)

Last edited:

JustAnotherSquid

Not attach, paste into the text window.

Again, that's not going to work. There are two ways the forums can display an image and both require that the actual image file be hosted somewhere publicly:

1) You can attach it to the post, in which case the image is hosted by charlotteriders.com.
2) You can host it somewhere else (like double-u double-u double-u dot creed thoughts dot gov dot double-u double-u double-u backslash creed thoughts ... check it out) and link to it in the body of your post using the "img" tags.

JustAnotherSquid

I was wrong! We should have gotten the admin in here after all. He's going to be gloating for months. It's ok though, I'll just block his number in my cell phone again.

1656530447854.png

Turns out the forum software can handle a screenshot pasted from your clipboard! It still has to save it to a file and host it on charlotteriders.com though, and it saves it in PNG format - which can easily exceed the 1024KB file size limit if it has a lot of detail in it (like in a photo image). So yeah, if it's a large and detailed screenshot you're going to want to save it to a JPG first and then attach it.

Last edited: