Music Thread

boike333

And how many people here have or do play an instrument in the past 10 years?

bmart

Only when I was a kid. Now I just sing in my helmet or tap on things...both to drive others crazy.

JustAnotherSquid

Used to ride a motorcycle
Anybody around here like reggae?

Only in small doses. I can enjoy a song or two but can't listen to a reggae station.

I used to play guitar and still have my G&L (I think it's a 1983 Nighthawk but not sure) sitting in a closet somewhere. KK keeps pestering me to start playing again. What about you?

boike333

Only in small doses. I can enjoy a song or two but can't listen to a reggae station.

I used to play guitar and still have my G&L (I think it's a 1983 Nighthawk but not sure) sitting in a closet somewhere. KK keeps pestering me to start playing again. What about you?
Cool I’ll help pester you too then! I played drums through my mid twenties. I had another set that I just got rid of a couple of years ago, just never played them. I still have a steel drum that like you sits there and never gets used.

I’m a pretty big reggae fan. But grew up on Motley Crue and Metallica etc.

Now go pull that guitar out and make Eddie happy!

bmart

We each own guitars, but they live in cases in the closet. I'm not sure I'm built to understand guitar playing, but instead guitar listening...

JustAnotherSquid

Do you like these guys? (Trying to "Improve the Venn").

I don't recall ever hearing that before! Their sound is definitely hard-core 80s pop. I looked the band up and their lead singer had an almost-hit called "Oh Daddy", so I watched that video as well but can't say I'd ever heard that one either.

bmart

They're one of my favorite unknown bands from that era. I have their...cassette, and still play it. You smart people know what it actually is, but it sounds like all of their instruments are slightly out of tune...but the same.

Try a few others online if you like them.

JustAnotherSquid

Last edited:

bmart

I liked them, but they were never high on my list. I was too much Duran Duran and Van Halen.