Music Thread

bmart

admin said:
This has been split off from the training thread as requested by @KrashnKaren. I manage a lot of forums with these kinds of threads and most of them are garbage threads where everyone posts tons of videos and no one ever watches them. So I'd suggest the following rule but you guys are free to do whatever you want:

Each person can only post one video per week. Otherwise it's just a spam-fest that no one cares about.

Now back to your regularly scheduled programing.

And if you don't want to learn, need a break from learning, or just like mediocre/bad music turned into good music, try these PostmodernJukebox. Here are a few.
All About That Bass

We Can't Stop

Ain't no rest for the wicked (my favorite!)

I Want A Hippopotamus For Christmas My real favorite, but there has to be something seriously wrong with a person to love this.

Last edited by a moderator:

JustAnotherSquid

Used to ride a motorcycle
PMJ is good stuff. My favorites are still the originals. Supposedly this video got him kicked out of his apartment:

And this one was not watchable in the US for years due to a copyright dispute (or something) but it's back now:

And of course, the one that introduced Puddles to the world can never be forgiven/forgotten. I still find myself randomly singing this in the car:

Last edited by a moderator:

bmart

Like those two, but I've never understood the clown...or liked his voice very much. I have mixed feelings about the guy with the red hair and beard too. Seems like a nice guy, but, meh.

bmart

A lot of great info, guys.

Anothermusic favorite:

bmart

You already know I'm not your kind of people. :) What is Borderlands?

JustAnotherSquid

You already know I'm not your kind of people. :) What is Borderlands?

A merely average video game. But it spawned one of the best-written games of all time: Borderlands 2. Hell, BL2 had better writing and acting than most movies made in the past twenty years.

Which makes it a little funny that they are shooting a Borderlands movie right now. It's starring Cate Blanchett, Kevin Hart, Jamie Lee Curtis, Jack Black, Penn Jillette, and many others. (Yes really!) I have low expectations but hope I'm wrong.

JustAnotherSquid

Another article about Borderlands popped up on my feed and wow, you guys need to put this movie on your radar. They have some serious talent working on this at all levels: acting, writing, producing, and directing. It has potential.

If it stays true to the original, the movie will be funny, exciting, funny, and clever. When was the last time a movie was clever? I certainly can't remember.

edit - I'm sure admin will be along to chastise me for cluttering up an important thread. He can always split these posts off. It's what I don't pay him for.

JustAnotherSquid

I had no idea that Haley Reinhart was discovered on American Idol, because I have never in my life watched a single episode of that show.

But this song popped up on Pandora the other day and it made me think of PMJ. And it's awesome, so there's that too.

bmart

She's awesome. Hard to balance someone with her talent with what's on the radio.

admin

Overworked and underpaid
Staff member
This has been split off from the training thread as requested by @KrashnKaren. I manage a lot of forums with these kinds of threads and most of them are garbage threads where everyone posts tons of videos and no one ever watches them. So I'd suggest the following rule but you guys are free to do whatever you want:

Each person can only post one video per week. Otherwise it's just a spam-fest that no one cares about.

Now back to your regularly scheduled programing.

KrashnKaren

Thank you @admin! Here's my video of the week. I noticed on track days that lots of people eat bananas and it made me think of this addictive song:
🐒🍌

JustAnotherSquid

Thank you @admin! Here's my video of the week. I noticed on track days that lots of people eat bananas and it made me think of this addictive song:
🐒🍌

Wow, you posted THAT?!? LOL

I dare everyone here to listen to that song three times in a row. Play it in the background while you are doing other things. It will be stuck in your head for weeks. Ask me how I know. :mad:

JustAnotherSquid

I should not have clicked that link at 7:05 in the morning! :oops:

:D

I watched/listened to the first one. That's a good modern interpretation of 80s head banging. Since I grew up listening to Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath, Ronnie James Dio, etc, it definitely brought me back.

edit - after googling the name, the band was first formed in 1985. That makes sense.