Street Ride Mountain Run! (Friday October 9th)

KrashnKaren

I want to go to the mountains tomorrow! :dance:[font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif] [/font] The weather looks great and the foliage should be beautiful. Anyone else interested in going?

Last edited:

mikek

we are in blowing rock next few days. Trees are looking better, but not spectacular. Probably need another couple weeks or more altitude than 4k feet around here.

JustAnotherSquid

Used to ride a motorcycle
KrashnKaren said:
I want to go to the mountains tomorrow! :dance:[font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif] [/font]  The weather looks great and the foliage should be beautiful.  Anyone else interested in going?

Can I ride your GT? :D

KrashnKaren

JustAnotherSquid said:
KrashnKaren said:
I want to go to the mountains tomorrow! :dance:[font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif] [/font]  The weather looks great and the foliage should be beautiful.  Anyone else interested in going?

Can I ride your GT?  :D

No, I'm going to ride my GT!  But you can ride my CS.  :)

KrashnKaren

We had a good run up to the top of 181 with not much traffic. Yay!  Made it to Jonas Ridge and had a great cheeseburger at Mountain Crossing Mercantile Store. (Great place, friendly people and good food.)

BRP Overlooks - Weather turned out to be beautiful in the mountains and the foliage was incredible near Linville!  The leaf-peepers were out by the dozens so the route from Jonas Ridge to Blowing Rock was a little S-L-O-W.

Great views of Grandfather mountain!  I still like the F650CS but the F800GT is becoming my favorite. The GT looks soo happy, it just wants to ride.

End of ride gas-up.  It's nice to have a full-service gas station!