Motorcycle related memes/pics

bmart

So basically a list of things that are trying to kill me. It isn't enough that I have a hard time with air, light, sleep, food...lol

JustAnotherSquid

Used to ride a motorcycle
Nothing good. I'm pretty sure I'm not a fan of Polyglycerol Esters Of Fatty Acids.

Ingredients​

High Fructose Corn Syrup, Partially Hydrogenated Palm Kernel Oil, Eggs, Sugar, Water, Enriched Unbleached Wheat Flour (wheat Flour, Niacin, Iron As Ferrous Sulfate, Thiamine Mono-nitrate, Enzyme, Riboflavin, Folic Acid), Contains Less Than 2% Of The Following: Invert Sugar, Cocoa, Sodium Caseinate (a Milk Derivative), Palm Oil, Corn Syrup, Ammonium Carbonate, Salt, To Preserve Freshness (sodium Propionate, Potassium Sorbate), Polysorbate 60, Carbohydrate Gum, Dextrose, Soy Lecithin, Natural And Artificial Flavor, Polyglycerol Esters Of Fatty Acids, Agar, Soy Protein Concentrate, Xanthan Gum, Locust Bean Gum, Artificial Colors (yellow 5, Yellow 6, Red 40).

See, that's why I make almost everything we eat from scratch. I like my food to be made of food!

boike333

The real kicker is how many of those things aren’t bad for you, and I am not saying that in that declaration there aren’t any bad things but for example……xanthan gum, not bad. Food colors, not good.

boike333

And partially hydrogenated oil, which is the second item on the list? Let's all have a heart attack together! :D
Yes PHOs are not good agreed. Point is that most people don’t know what a lot of ingredients are so they right them off as not good for you.

Let’s talk MSG, what’s your take? Mine is it’s a naturally occurring found in tomatoes and Parmesan cheese, but it has a hugely bad rep with a long story behind it.

bmart

It's officially listed as a toxin and I've seen it put people in the hospital. My dad has a severe reaction and I can also. Seems completely unnecessary.

boike333

It was, due to misinformation, and mis diagnosis, however it’s not anymore. I don’t want to get into a political type debate about it and to each there own. But It I don’t personally believe the hype, BUT I used to and I don’t use it in any food I serve other people, BUT for me it’s a great sodium reducer and I don’t have any issues with it.

JustAnotherSquid

Let’s talk MSG, what’s your take? Mine is it’s a naturally occurring found in tomatoes and Parmesan cheese, but it has a hugely bad rep with a long story behind it.

Neither of us have noticed any sensitivity to it so we don't avoid it, but we also don't seek it out. At home I just use salt. MSG is naturally occurring so the question is always how much is safe? Nothing is toxic in small enough doses and everything is toxic in large enough doses. :D

AndyMX47

That's awesome. And think, from a car standpoint my 2012 V6 Camry would do the quarter mile in the same time as that Cuda.

JustAnotherSquid

That's awesome. And think, from a car standpoint my 2012 V6 Camry would do the quarter mile in the same time as that Cuda.

Well sure, but your Camry isn't loud, drafty, or scary in corners. Sounds pretty boring to me!

AndyMX47

Well sure, but your Camry isn't loud, drafty, or scary in corners. Sounds pretty boring to me!
True - and it had brakes that would stop you, and if you were nice to it you could get 30mpg on the Highway. Alas, I sold the Camry to buy the Chevy. Which believe it or not can also get 30mpg on the highway. Or 5mpg on the track.

boike333

Still no reason for the helmet to be on the ground! On the visor no less!