Metzeler Racetec TD Slick

JWilson

These are the best tires ever. You know like they last a long time with great grip. They're the ultimate tire. I get to look like all the fast guys with a true slick look, but I can treat them like hypersport road tire. Kinda sorta wish I used warmers with them, but actually I don't and haven't had any issues. I sorta give them a warmup lap and then send it. $344 to my door. 😂🤣

I hope everyone kinda sorta knows I'm definitely committed to using these some more.

33-34# rear right off the track and 31#s front seems to be the best pressure for tire wear for my weight and pace.

Last edited:

JustAnotherSquid

Actively crashing motorcycles
I agree! Best tires ever. Ever! They look so fast. And they smell good. And they look fast. Definitely the best tires you can buy. I've never ridden on them but they are definitely the best.

JWilson

Rear tire has 3 days at CMP with some skipped sessions and a day at VIR. Front has a day at VIR and CMP this weekend.

Attachments

• IMG_5321.png
    IMG_5321.png
    652.3 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_5320.png
    IMG_5320.png
    746.2 KB · Views: 7

JustAnotherSquid

That is better life than I was getting out of Q4s for sure. But I don't care about life so much - I just want a tire that is forgiving for a newbie. I'm not experienced and don't have any interest in trying to ride around at 10/10ths so if these tires say "hey buddy you're like 9/10ths right now" I'll back off and be happy.

There's a pile of unused Dunlops in my office that will be for sale soon. First Julius checked them out and gave his approval:

IMG_1680.jpg

And then Scooter decided they'd make a nice fort. And who doesn't like forts?

IMG_1684.jpg

Last edited:

JWilson

The rear needs flipped to do another CMP day. I have two fronts with right side bias wear, but the tire is still good based off the markers. I know the rear is ok to flip. Does anyone flip fronts?

bmart

1-Let me know what the Dunlops are adn what you want for them if you decide to sell them.
2-JW, do you monitor tread depth at the thinest point so that you can flip at mid life? I have a spreadsheet...

1623161672043.png

JustAnotherSquid

I think the Q3+s are the right size for your CB-1! They are $311 new; what's a fair price for you?

I've got the Q4s priced almost $100 less than new so they should go quick.

JWilson

That spreadsheet is something I should probably do for more than just tires. I flip using a more scientific approach like visual feedback from the pits. I look at the wear markers around the tire. All the tires have life left according to those. If I flipped the rear and used it for CMP it would be fine for at least another day.

The fronts could be flipped and used at CMP. I was told some have flipped Pirellis with no issues.

Flipping the rear or the front and using it anywhere else is pointless.

JWilson

Which part?
Scientific approach was dry subtle humor
Flipping fronts is a legit question or curiosity on whether I can. Using at CMP is a statement on if I were to flip the two fronts I have.
Flipping and using elsewhere I say is pointless because no other track I ride is really so right side bias. I could flip them, but they wouldn't wear to a balance.

bmart

The last part. :) I understand now.

I run many tracks, some in two directions, so for me...it matters. I also run a ton of days and miles/day, so getting right saves some coin.

JustAnotherSquid

I think we can learn something from the kid flat-footing around the track. That might help me crash less.

JWilson

I just ordered another set of the bestest evaar.

edited top post to add information

Last edited:

JustAnotherSquid

Those seem almost too cheap. They must be missing something. I bet they don't have the Autocrash feature that Dunlops do.