Street Ride Local rides Sat 1/2/21 and Sun 1/3/21

bmart

TP...so much to type about.

Oil filters? I'm sure that you know about these.

Not long ago (within 5 years) most companies stopped making square TP squares. It was cheaper and "users" didn't seem to mind that two edges were shorter than the other two. I feel robbed, but no one asked me what I thought. And, I can't exactly boycott the industry.

Tube complaints. I bet that they receive many. We're not in a consumer focused economy from what I can tell. Costs keep going up. Quality keeps going down. As an investor, it is great. As a user, less so...and a reason I like old stuff so much. Maybe I should start reusing (double up?)/reinforcing my TP tubes...

bmart

At the risk of being crude..."TP, not just for A$$holes anymore?" lol

Seriously, TP filters are a thing.

AndyMX47

I would like to add toilet paper cores to the list. They have one job. One job. They have to be round. That's it. And they fail miserably at it.

Used to be, cores were strong and round and when you put a fresh roll of TP on a hanger it would roll off new sheets properly.

But now, the cores are no stronger than the rolls they are inside of so when you take a new roll out of the package the core is invariably boat-shaped (or even flat) and it does NOT roll off new sheets at all. So you get to spend a few minutes each time you change a roll trying to reshape the new core into something resembling a circle, and if you can only get it to a rough octagon you have to declare a small victory and put it on the hanger anyway, where it will bounce around while haphazardly dispensing new sheets.
I read an article a few years ago about a business (maybe hotel chain? can't remember) intentionally squashing TP tubes (axles?) so people wouldn't roll off 500 sheets in one swift, beautiful movement. So maybe, just maybe look on the bright side. Those squashed tubes are saving your TP budget so you can buy new Michelins. Or whatever brand will piss off b-mart.

Welcome to the toilet paper forum. I'm here to help. How the F did we transition a local rides post from over a year ago into this? Again, people say FB is bad. I give you, the Toilet Paper and Gold Wing forum.

bmart

buy new Michelins. Or whatever brand will piss off b-mart.

My sole experience on Michelins. I think this is the only time I've lost the front under normal conditions. Blue is same spot on my other 600 on...good tires. TSK_3462.JPG

TSK_5611.JPG

bmart

On my birthday in 2005. Michelins almost killed me on my birthday. They are dead to me. Pah-toey. (and you're spot on with pressure, but you knew that)