Street Ride Local rides Sat 1/2/21 and Sun 1/3/21

KrashnKaren

That's awesome! My new armor will be here Tuesday so I'll be ready for the next ride! :)

KrashnKaren

I have no idea, JAS ordered it for me and thankfully takes care of that kind of stuff for me. :)

JustAnotherSquid

CODE NAME: OO-LONG
The Alpinestars kit. We are still considering wearable armor, but have put off going down that road for now.

bmart

Gotcha. I wish that I went that route early on. One set. Wear them everywhere. When new tech comes out, just buy that and sell the old ones.

JustAnotherSquid

Gotcha. I wish that I went that route early on. One set. Wear them everywhere. When new tech comes out, just buy that and sell the old ones.

What model(s) do you recommend? The challenge for us (as always) is going to be finding jackets that fit.

bmart

I'd have to do current research. Right now I'm running Vanson gear in all of my Vansons with an added Dainese back protector and Knox chect protector...but I had to drill a ton of holes in it to get some air flow.

We're in a worlk with a million choices (I call it the paper towel aisle problem) and yet everything you buy has to be modified to be truly useful. Curious, isn't it?

JustAnotherSquid

Dunno, I keep my paper towels stock. 🤷‍♂️

But seriously! Yes you are a thousand percent correct. Seems like nothing works out of the box. I have a very similar pet peeve: products that are designed to do only one thing but yet somehow manage to fail miserably at it. For example, can openers that can't open a can properly, or candles that won't stay lit, or the ice machines in modern refrigerators that can't make ice. THEY HAVE ONE JOB. 😡

But aaaaaanyway. This looks interesting:

bmart

That looks nice. I really like the idea of it because of one main thing...it stays where it is supposed to. My cordura gear's armor goes where it wants...

JustAnotherSquid

We ordered a ForceField Pro Jacket for KK. If it works out, she'll have full Level 2 armor in all of five of her jackets and suits for the cost of one set. 👍

If any lurkers are reading this, you can get them on FleaBay direct from the UK for a lot less than $250. :)

bmart

No need. I run old RoadSmart IIs until the closet doesn't have them any more. lol I've never wanted for more grip, wet or dry, but you ask a lot more of your tires than I do.

I get about 4k miles out of a set of RS2s on the VFR and the front is at about 1/2 life.

I get about 2.5k miles out of nearly anything I put onthe CB-1, with the front still good.

Track bikes on track tires go 500-1500 miles on a front and 250-900 miles on a rear.