Street Ride Likely 1-3 hours this weekend one day or both in the afternoon

JustAnotherSquid

Used to ride a motorcycle
We were thinking of joining you today but the new tires for the F800GT just showed up (Sunday delivery? Thanks FedEx!) so we're going to install them this afternoon.

And then put the Interact Z8s on trial for crimes against humanity.

Last edited:

bmart

Slackers. I mostly ride alone these days. Everyone seems busy "not riding."

Make them walk the plank.

bmart

Needing income sucks. I agree. I wish I had a rich old uncle!

JustAnotherSquid

And then put the Interact Z8s on trial for crimes against humanity.

Took the F800GT out yesterday for it's first ride since putting good tires on it, and ... wow. If you guys were sick of hearing me gush about what a great bike it is you ain't seen nothin' yet. :D

(Even managed to rub the chicken strips off the back tire without leaving Charlotte. That's no small feat!)

Last edited:

JustAnotherSquid

Pilot Power 2CTs.

Before you say something funny for Dunlop or against Michelin, I've got tens of thousands of hard street miles in all conditions on Pilot Powers and Pilot Power 2CTs and they are fantastic street tires. They strike an excellent balance (for me) between traction and tread life and at their current prices ($225 a set!) they are pretty hard to beat.

With that said you may now resume your Michelin bashing. :D

Last edited:

bmart

Ha ha! Make no mistake, Michelin makes superb tires. They stick like crazy and work well in the rain. My bug is with only the (lack of) feedback for me as a rider. I never know if i'm near the edge. That is a trait Dunlop has built into their tires for decades. For me..it matters and it works. there really are no bad sport or ST tires these days. They're all incredible.

JustAnotherSquid

there really are no bad sport or ST tires these days

Except for the Roadtec Z8 Interact! How do you design a s/t tire that doesn't work well when temps are below 70???? It boggles the mind.

Maybe I just had a bad one or it had gone bad since 2015. <shrug>

(edit - when we bought the F800GT it had ~250 miles on it and had been sitting unused since 2015.)

Last edited: