JAS I need a raise

admin

Overworked and underpaid
Staff member
Since the first of the year CMR has been under assault by spam accounts. Dozens and dozens per week. I guess the site had "flown under the radar" so to speak for a while but now they are attacking in force.

Deleting them all is taking way too much time and I have real work to do.

JustAnotherSquid

Used to ride a motorcycle
You've been a friend to the site for many, many years (not to mention bmwforums.net too, back when Shannon and I ran that!). I am grateful for all that you have done and to show my gratitude you can take what I pay you now and double it.

Also, I'll be glad to help with the spam! Just promote my account to admin privileges.

admin

Overworked and underpaid
Staff member
you can take what I pay you now and double it.

lol you're such an asshole.

As far as giving you admin rights, remember what happened last time I did that? The plan is to save time, not waste more time fixing all the things you'd break.

bmart

Everyone tried to fight them. What we need is a tool that gets them together to duke it out, like the weeds in my yard. Pit them against each other, back away, sell tickets, and watch...

admin

Overworked and underpaid
Staff member
So what it does is check all new accounts against a database of known spammers and when there's a match it drops the account into the moderation queue. They pile up there until I clean them out. Maybe I'll just let them pile up for a while and see how many we can get.