Is it fair that KK has more bikes than me?

JustAnotherSquid

Used to ride a motorcycle

On the one hand, no it is not.  But on the other hand, it is not fair at all.

juncc

Niiiiiiice!!!! How are you liking it KK? This seems to solidify another run for you guys soon.

KrashnKaren

juncc said:
Niiiiiiice!!!! How are you liking it KK? This seems to solidify another run for you guys soon.

I haven't ridden it yet!  JAS got it for me in the hopes I'd like it.  It's still in the barn getting it's steed papers and hooves clipped (he has to register it and get it serviced) before I can ride it!

JustAnotherSquid

I rode the GT home from the dealer yesterday (where it got a clean bill of health) and took the opportunity to jump on the throttle several times. HOLY SHIT I think it's faster than the R1100S! Which, um, on second thought really isn't saying much. :( It shouldn't be a surprise I guess, since it makes almost as much power but weighs way less.

It's also much easier to ride than the R1100S, which again is not all that surprising. I'm hoping to get KK to take it for a spin tomorrow because the GT is ready to Run to the Mountains Sunday. :)

JustAnotherSquid

JustAnotherSquid said:
I think it's faster than the R1100S! Which, um, on second thought really isn't saying much. :( It shouldn't be a surprise I guess, since it makes almost as much power but weighs way less.

I'm not sure I believe this, but I'm also not sure I don't:

Last edited:

KrashnKaren

Well I've ridden the F800GT on three mountain runs so far and it really is a great bike! I hopped on my F650CS and was missing all the nice electronic gadgets that the GT has (outside temp gauge, tire pressure gauge, fuel gauge, gear position indicator, instant and average miles per gallon) and the heat that comes off the engine is nice in cooler weather. Oh and it is very nimble in the twisties and sturdy on the highway with great wind protection. And a comfy seat! How's that for an answer. :)

bmart

I see. So the "outside" temp could be anything! lol

When I lived up north, I ran heated vest and gloves. I remember those days...but don't want to go back to them.

JustAnotherSquid

I hear you, and honestly I haven't put on my heated gear in a looooong time. While I wouldn't own a Mountain Run bike that doesn't have heated grips, if it's so cold that heated grips won't take the chill off I don't want to ride. It stops being fun at that point.

bmart

Up in New England, we gave up at 18F. Below that, the heat was wicked off faster than the system could make and deliver it. I wouldn't ride in 18F now unless a table of desserts would be at the far end.