I 100% do not get this bike.

JustAnotherSquid

Used to ride a motorcycle
But then, I didn't get the Honda Valkyrie or the Triumph Rocket either and both of those sold well enough. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

juncc

I remember seeing the Rocket III in the showroom and my first thought was "How did they fit a car engine into a motorcycle?".

I like it generally, but he hits the thing I couldn't shake around the 30 min mark. The proportions are a bit off. The forks/engine cover/exhaust all look like they are from a different bike.

JustAnotherSquid

I have never understood the whole "stuff a big engine in a bike" thing. The engines are never very powerful and the bikes are always heavy as shit. These bikes, without exception, end up as styling exercises (with mixed results as you pointed out) that are dynamically challenged.

So they are built for people that want the biggest engine but don't actually ride, and the world is full of those people. It's probably a lucrative market. ;)

Not that I have the high ground on the whole "not riding" thing. :(

juncc

JustAnotherSquid said:
So they are built for people that want the biggest engine but don't actually ride, and the world is full of those people.  It's probably a lucrative market.  ;)

Yeah I'm living in a glass house on that one

JustAnotherSquid

Just a thought: which of these two scenarios seems more likely?

1. In ten years you will see lots of R18s for sale with 50,000+ miles.
  2. In two years you will see lots of R18s for sale with 2,000 miles.
:cool: