How badly am I going to get shafted?

JustAnotherSquid

Used to ride a motorcycle
The Phoenix gear? I'm surprised to hear that. The black one is ~20 years old, has quite a few miles on it, and still looks new. The red one we just grabbed on ebay for something stupid like $28. They are both KK's.

My mesh jackets were usually Fieldsheer or Teknic, but only because I already had Teknic leather pants that fit well.

bmart

They do look awesome, and there was a lot of chatter about how they were made with a metal braid at the time. Teh armor is decent. They flow a ton of air, but that outer layer is tissue papaer with any abrasion. I loved mine until that knee touched down...and I got more knowledge! I shudder to think how it would perform in an actual incident.

JustAnotherSquid

One of the old-timers (wormy I think? my memory is fuzzy) crashed in a Phoenix jacket. The jacket did it's job but it was a write-off. Based on that, I always viewed Phoenix jackets as "single use only".

bmart

It is the sub-single that worried me! What if they are .87 and not 1.0 use? I own too much gear to bother. Fully vented Vansons are pretty cool even in the warmest temps, so long as one is moving along. Is it spring yet? Wait until we get our hands on the person who took the sun...

JustAnotherSquid

That's a valid concern. After a crash who really wants to say "Woohoo! I'm 87% fine!"? Although it beats a lower percentage I guess. :D

Last edited: