Good training info and links

bmart

I thought I'd start this one.

Life at Lean is pretty good.

Mike on Bikes is awesome, if you like the technical stuff.

Bryan's site (under his wife's name). this guy can explain anything to anyone. Just a few of his vids.

And if you don't want to learn, need a break from learning, or just like mediocre/bad music turned into good music, try these PostmodernJukebox. Here are a few.
All About That Bass

We Can't Stop

Ain't no rest for the wicked (my favorite!)

I Want A Hippopotamus For Christmas My real favorite, but there has to be something seriously wrong with a person to love this.

JustAnotherSquid

Actively crashing motorcycles
I will make it my personal mission to make sure this thread never strays far from page 1. :D We could just have the admin sticky it but let's be honest - no one ever reads stickied threads.

PMJ is good stuff. My favorites are still the originals. Supposedly this video got him kicked out of his apartment:

And this one was not watchable in the US for years due to a copyright dispute (or something) but it's back now:

And of course, the one that introduced Puddles to the world can never be forgiven/forgotten. I still find myself randomly singing this in the car:

Last edited:

bmart

Like those two, but I've never understood the clown...or liked his voice very much. I have mixed feelings about the guy with the red hair and beard too. Seems like a nice guy, but, meh.

bmart

A lot of great info, guys.

Anothermusic favorite:

JWilson

I lose time at every track I visit because I don't have the discipline to turn in correctly on some corners. :-(

bmart

You already know I'm not your kind of people. :) What is Borderlands?

JustAnotherSquid

You already know I'm not your kind of people. :) What is Borderlands?

A merely average video game. But it spawned one of the best-written games of all time: Borderlands 2. Hell, BL2 had better writing and acting than most movies made in the past twenty years.

Which makes it a little funny that they are shooting a Borderlands movie right now. It's starring Cate Blanchett, Kevin Hart, Jamie Lee Curtis, Jack Black, Penn Jillette, and many others. (Yes really!) I have low expectations but hope I'm wrong.

JustAnotherSquid

Another article about Borderlands popped up on my feed and wow, you guys need to put this movie on your radar. They have some serious talent working on this at all levels: acting, writing, producing, and directing. It has potential.

If it stays true to the original, the movie will be funny, exciting, funny, and clever. When was the last time a movie was clever? I certainly can't remember.

edit - I'm sure admin will be along to chastise me for cluttering up an important thread. He can always split these posts off. It's what I don't pay him for.