CMR Emergency Alert Notification System

JustAnotherSquid

Used to ride a motorcycle
:ROFLMAO:

It's an RV-7. I didn't build it myself. I recently spent months helping finish up an RV-7A that just flew 2 weeks ago. I'm on the fence about building myself, it's quite a project to take on.

Did you put the big engine in it? And if so, will you marry me?

worm

Did you put the big engine in it? And if so, will you marry me?

Hahah the o-390 approval just happened pretty recently. Both my -7 and the -7a just finished building are io-360 (180hp) powered. Seems like if you had a well taken care of -7 with a o-390 you'd be flirting with Vne pretty frequently.

JustAnotherSquid

I wondered off to LA about a month before Blade did back in 2007.. Then I spent a few years in Chicago, then back to LA. I'm currently splitting time between Denver and LA.

I wondered where you'd wandered to.

How do you like the west coast? I was born in Seattle, and spent four (adult) years in San Fran and Reno. I get the charm of the west coast but don't plan to go back. When we retire, I think we're moving to the NC mountains ... if not sooner.

worm

I wondered where you'd wandered to.

How do you like the west coast? I was born in Seattle, and spent four (adult) years in San Fran and Reno. I get the charm of the west coast but don't plan to go back. When we retire, I think we're moving to the NC mountains ... if not sooner.

I love LA but it's completely unsustainable to live there comfortably without being pretty wealthy. Also it's a foolishly high paced city for no reason. With Covid, there's no reason to be in a place like LA so we've now got a house in Denver and the condo in LA at least for now. The NC mountains are beautiful but I am not sure I'll ever return to NC. The politics there have just gotten all sorts of fucked up over the past decade. Keep it together folks.

JustAnotherSquid

The same could be said of the politics on the west coast ... but let's keep politics off the board. :)

worm

The same could be said of the politics on the west coast ... but let's keep politics off the board. :)

So speaking of the west coast, you'll never guess who moved to Denver 2 months after I did....

KrashnKaren

The scooter was inherited from my girlfriend. She bought it because she thought it was cool. She never rides it and for a long time it was actually my main mode of transportation. I've recently been kicking around the idea of building a cafe racer.

Great to see you on the forums, Wormie! I still remember stopping by a Lowes on one of our Sunday morning Mountain Runs because you didn't own any gloves! And you bought some leather gardening gloves!

I thought the Scooter might be a "liquor sickle". :) A cafe racer would be very cool, you should build it!

worm

Great to see you on the forums, Wormie! I still remember stopping by a Lowes on one of our Sunday morning Mountain Runs because you didn't own any gloves! And you bought some leather gardening gloves!

I thought the Scooter might be a "liquor sickle". :) A cafe racer would be very cool, you should build it!

It is definitely not a liquor sickle ;). -- My fiance is from Taiwan and it's a Taiwanese brand scooter...

I actually blew the motor up on it and she made me put a new motor in it.... I was hoping to upgrade back to a real motorcycle :(