Track Day CMP w/TDW 7/30 & 7/31

JustAnotherSquid

Used to ride a motorcycle
When is JAS getting his Panigale V4? Is he getting it for VIR S??

In all seriousness, I like those RS660s! If they ever become obtainable I might get one. The Great Western guys that we are buying the R7 from are trying to steer me towards a ZX-6R.

boike333

JAS if you get a ZX anything I will be very sad. But do what ya gotta do!

AndyMX47

I love having tracks available for us to enjoy the sport, but... The rates they're all charging for the tracks, garages, etc. are highway robbery. Low demand would help with that.
I fear low demand will make them fold and go away. Not sure what will make them come back.

bmart

I think you're right, but I'm admittedly bad at feeling like I'm being held hostage.

RocketDan

I can't say I'm particularly excited about the idea of riding a ZX-6R, but what do you have against them?

Why a ZX-6R? It’s a good track bike, but it’s not too far off the GSXR 750 you kept throwing on the ground. The Kawi does have a rudimentary traction control system. I’d go 2017 R7 before I’d go ZX6. Ride by wire which allows auto blip downshifts is worth it.

JustAnotherSquid

Why a ZX-6R? It’s a good track bike, but it’s not too far off the GSXR 750 you kept throwing on the ground. The Kawi does have a rudimentary traction control system. I’d go 2017 R7 before I’d go ZX6. Ride by wire which allows auto blip downshifts is worth it.

Hey hey hey now! In my defense I kinda only crashed it once! The crash at Road Atlanta was only because I tried to go right when the track went left. Which on second thought is not much of a defense. :D

I hadn't thought much about different types of TC but it makes sense that a bike with a mechanical throttle would not have the best TC. The only thing the computer can do is cut spark or fuel and either is going to be a drastic effect. With throttle by wire the computer can adjust throttle input to keep you from going down. I like the sound of that! I've grown to like TC since the SV has it (in the SV's case it's called "74 horsepower").

The Gixxer never really fit me and it was awkward and uncomfortable to get my upper body off the bike. It's much easier with the SV so now my only excuse is laziness.

RocketDan

You ride the SV really well and you still have a lot of growth potential with that bike. And I get that the Gixxer wasn’t for you. I’m a taller guy too and I don’t fit well on that platform. I’ve sat on the ZX6 a lot, and not sure it would be too different ergonomically for my tall frame.

I’ve sat on the Panigale V4 too. And it actually feels like it would be a good fit for a tall dude

JustAnotherSquid

You ride the SV really well and you still have a lot of growth potential with that bike.

Thanks for saying that and you're right about the second part. For the two things I need to work on most right now (upper body position and braking later/harder) the SV is adequate and maybe even ideal.

Plus I get to ride with Matt, if he ever decides to do another track day. :D

bmart

Hey hey hey now! In my defense I kinda only crashed it once! The crash at Road Atlanta was only because I tried to go right when the track went left. Which on second thought is not much of a defense.
And all of this preaching about how you know the maths...

bmart

I’ve sat on the Panigale V4 too. And it actually feels like it would be a good fit for a tall dude
Really? Your best option is to encourage him? lol Can someone PhotoShop him onto one?