Track Day CMP 10-15/16

JustAnotherSquid

Used to ride a motorcycle
I see some interesting words there JAS….muffilins….hmmm who is the muffin expert here? Whoever it is they are up to bat for making mufflins in/on a muffler. Speaking of which, I didn’t get a muffin the other day! Damnit!!!!

Guess we'll have to make more!

JustAnotherSquid

While you guys ramble on about motorcycles and track days and who knows what else, I will continue to try to keep things on-topic - lest admin come in and chastise us all!

Threw some wings on the grill tonight and then coated them with Texas Pete and butter:

IMG_0100.jpg

Last edited:

boike333

Well that looks damn fine JAS. I adore wings on the grill or smoker, air fryer too. Deep fried not so much. We are having tamale pie and salad tonight but I am not taking pictures because this isn’t a cooking show. Wait what the hell is this forum about again? I thought it was cooking on motorcycles or something……I digress.

I will say we are doing a good a job at using one post for every topic, I like it.

Did I tell you about the water rower we are getting for winter exercise indoors?

JustAnotherSquid

Did I tell you about the water rower we are getting for winter exercise indoors?

Yes, but "CMP 10-15/16" is not the correct thread for discussing water rowers. The correct thread for discussing water rowers is this one:

Last edited:

boike333

Hahahaha, everything bagel. Everything, on one thread. This is the only thread now…

KrashnKaren

As track days go this one was just about perfect! The weather was amazing and we all rode well and worked on new skills.

The day started off with every morning session getting red flagged (I'm pretty sure anyway). The strangest one was from the first Intermediate session of the day - the red flag was thrown on the out-lap. Under a full-course yellow. 🤷‍♂️

The afternoon went much smoother though. I don't think there was a single red in I group after lunch, although the starts of our sessions were delayed several times to clean up oopsies from the A group.

We didn't take many pics either, so these will have to do:

From the drive down:
View attachment 1490

From the drive home:
View attachment 1489

KK on an R7! Sadly not her R7. I think she walked away from the experience with great ambivalence towards the bike but maybe she can pop in later and talk more about that:
View attachment 1492

And since this thread has gotten wildly off-topic, I'll try to get it back on track. Lunch today!
View attachment 1491

Thank you Boike333 for bringing the delicious Roberts' chicken salad! I'm not usually a fan of chicken salad, but this one was the top of the pecking order!

I was so glad that Yamaha was offering test rides at CMP since I still had not ridden an R7! Riding it felt like I was wearing high heels since it is much taller than my R3. And it was solid not tinny or flexible like my R3. I liked the brakes, shifting, and power and I even made a few passes on it while following the Yamaha coach! Overall a good riding experience but I didn't like the riding position because it's not as comfortable as my R3.

Good news! I just got notification that my R7 is supposed to ship on Monday! But I don't think I'll get to ride it this season. This is a sighn of the times... get it?

Last edited:

JustAnotherSquid

I adore wings on the grill or smoker, air fryer too.

How do you prep them? I put some flour, salt, and pepper in a plastic bag and toss the wings in that before throwing them on the grill. If there's a better way I'm all ears!

Last edited:

boike333

How do you prep them? I put some flower, salt, and pepper in a plastic bag and toss the wings in that before throwing them on the grill. If there's a better way I'm all ears!

It’s shake and bake!

If I was really going for it I would brine them. But now I am a salt free, and reducing sugar kinda guy. We are also gluten free house so I don’t flour them…..unless I am frying them. I do love breaded fried chicken wings. But I quit that too, most of the time. Getting old sucks!