Track Day Carolina Motorsports Park *** Sat-Sun, May 8-9 *** P.R.E.

JustAnotherSquid

Used to ride a motorcycle
Where: Carolina Motorsports Park
When: Saturday and Sunday, May 8-9, 2021
Cost: $180/day (less any membership discounts you may have)
Link: Saturday | Sunday

KK will be there to help in pits, and she may or may not ride one of the days. I'll be riding both days. We've rented a garage for both days and have room for one or two more bikes. Anyone else interested?

Last edited:

bmart

My time will be with N2/TDW/EvolveGT. Have fun! (And get a garage...)

JustAnotherSquid

The way it's shaping up for me is the first half of the season will be mostly PRE events and the second half mostly N2.

CMP has come a long way. Last time I was there the pits were just a grass and dirt field with some half-assed dirt roads running through them. You think the garages are worth $70/day? That's saying a lot, given your frugalness.

bmart

CMP is a hoot. Garages are worth it for me. No ants. Protection from the sun/rain. Power. I usually share with 1-3 other bikes (I bring 2).

bmart

You'll love it! The kink is FAST! Watching videos?

JustAnotherSquid

I used to keep the throttle pinned on the SRAD 600 from the exit of the right-hander all the way into the kink, and it was way faster than the R3.

It would hit 60 easy.

bmart

I've been through there on the gas, but generally go to neutral throttle so that the suspension can do its thing.

JustAnotherSquid

MikeK is coming from a racing perspective, and I was too at the time (the day I crashed was going to be my last practice before converting the SRAD and going racing).

But now on a bike that weighs less and makes 50% more power? I'm a little intimidated actually. I think I'll pull one of the spark plug wires for the first few track days - always did like triples anyway!

JustAnotherSquid

Less than two weeks now! I haven't been to CMP since 2002 and am looking forward to this in a way I can't even describe.

JustAnotherSquid

Not yet but we are making solid progress and knock on wood it will be done this weekend! Ugly, battered, and bruised, but done. :)

Not sure yet if we are going down Friday night or Saturday morning, but we'll look for you. I never did get to see your setup at Road Atlanta (for obvious reasons haha).

JustAnotherSquid

I think you mean adverbs! How about ardently, fervently, longingly, zealously, and now, eloquently. :D

Welcome back and glad to hear you had a good time at Road Atlanta. Did you set any new personal bests?

JustAnotherSquid

We're debating whether we want to stay in Lancaster (30 min away but closest you can get?) or commute both days (1.5 hours each way). Anyone have any other suggestions?

Last edited: