Boike’s and JAS’s (and anyone else’s) random questions thread that doesn’t want to start a new one!

AndyMX47

The older I get, the faster I was
That's hilarious. Most of the garage stuff I could care less about, EXCEPT - the lazy susans for chemicals. Pretty cool.

Props also to Chase the shop dog, who makes sure he uses torque wrenches and doesn't swear, and Mrs. Canyon Chasers car "Pat."

bmart

His design/ideas and mine are nearly opposite! I keep the things that I use all of the time in drawers where they are safe...

JustAnotherSquid

Used to ride a motorcycle
That's hilarious. Most of the garage stuff I could care less about, EXCEPT - the lazy susans for chemicals. Pretty cool.

Props also to Chase the shop dog, who makes sure he uses torque wrenches and doesn't swear, and Mrs. Canyon Chasers car "Pat."

Wait, he's got a three car garage and only four motorcycles in it? What a rookie!

1.33 motorcycles per garage ... call me when you are above 4.5 and then we can talk.

boike333

This is awesome, I’ll have to watch this weekend sometime when I am not at the track!

JustAnotherSquid

This is awesome, I’ll have to watch this weekend sometime when I am not at the track!

Some great quotes from those videos:

Ari: How many motorcycles is too many? I don't work with a number. I work with a total displacement.

Ari: If people read their workshop manuals I'd be out of a job.

Zack: And if you want to know what a carburetor is, ask an elder in your family and they'll be able to tell you.

On another note, since this is the last "warm" day for a while, I tooled around on the GS for a few hours today and man, that is such a great little bike. I mean don't get me wrong it's a terrible bike. But it's such a great little bike.

Last edited:

bmart

Worth the 30 minutes. Nice to see this guy's life. We could do worse.

boike333

This is great! I will watch it along with JASs videos of Ari tomorrow waiting out the cold!

bmart

Roger that. It was too cold when we got back to clean anything, but it was solid blue sky and warm for the whole ride. Excellent day. And I got tilapia, mac 'n cheese, and corn on the cob after. Prepping another boring video now... Thanks for asking!

Hoping to get out next weekend, but not sure if the weather is going to cooperate. Looks wet Fri/Sat...and 2 days after is better than one or three!

bmart

boike333

What in the hell is this for? Are you replacing your fairings? Are you painting this off season? I’m about ready to do this whole brake overhaul thing! Let’s set up a date in the next few months?

bmart

Plastic breaks down and gets lost. It was posted in another place and thought I'd share the knowledge. I use mostly zip ties. :)

Let me know when you're ready to schedule. Preferrably when it isn't 20F outside. I'll be doing all of the bikes in February/March, like usual. Fresh for the season! THEN the bodywork goes back on. 🏍️

boike333

Wow just noticed the admins brilliant title change to The Bars subtitle, nice work whoever you are!

AndyMX47

The older I get, the faster I was
Wow just noticed the admins brilliant title change to The Bars subtitle, nice work whoever you are!
Hunter S Thompson quote. He was a journalist and a bit of a nut. A brilliant nut. He wrote for Car and Driver and Cycleworld years ago. Perhaps take his quotes with a grain of salt, as he did commit suicide. On the other hand, he had his ashes shot out of a cannon, so there is that.

JustAnotherSquid

The R7 fairing is without question the most annoying fairing I've ever owned. It has eleventy different panels all cobbled together with a wide variety of fasteners, clips, and, worst of all, a crap-ton of those little plastic pushpin things. I can't put race fairings on it fast enough. I'd like to meet the guy that designed the fairing, so that I could punch him in his stupid face!

Last edited:

JustAnotherSquid

I just ordered a Cricut (Black Friday sale) so that we can cut our own number plates and graphics and do goofy stuff with it. Does anyone have one?