Boike’s and JAS’s (and anyone else’s) random questions thread that doesn’t want to start a new one!

bmart

Have JAS come over. Take the drain bolt out. Have him hold his finger over the hole while you drill the bolt. Problem solved
RocketDan...always trying to get one of us to give another the finger. Sheesh!

Does anyone want a set of older Dunlop 120/190 rain tires? I'm never going to use them.

bmart

2012. Stored in a climate controlled dark closet and still super soft.

bmart

Cool. They're taking up too much room in the tire closet. I may turn them into mulch.

bmart

Another option!

bmart

I've tried the litre bike route a few times. I mich prefer lower HP to manage, lower $ for buy in, less tire budget. Lovely bikes, just not my bag. I think we should all be on 250/400 (but not the current crop).

boike333

I am going to be riding gravel in the Brown Mtn. area on Saturday if anyone wants to join me.

bmart

High of 98F in Morganton Saturday. I may be out that way, but at elevation!

The 400 appears to be running again after a new child-made Asian regulator/rectifier. Stator tested fine, and I have a spare battery hanging around in case this one is en route to an early departure.

At some point, I have to prep the track bikes for the last weekend of the month.

JustAnotherSquid

Used to ride a motorcycle
Another option!

That seems way too cheap for what it is. I wonder what's wrong with it.

AndyMX47

I think we should all be on 250/400 (but not the current crop).
I think we should all ride Supermotos. And only new ones, no carbs. Everyone knows too many carbs and you will gain weight. 250, 300, 450, 690/701. Pick a size. Either that or parallel twin gold-wing adventure touring superbikes. I actually looked at the 690 yesterday and thought "that looks fun, I should take it out for a ride some day". Then I started pruning shrubs.

What thread is this?

bmart

The lack of comfort kills the SM full time thing for me. I love riding them, but not for 85% of the riding I do.

AndyMX47

The lack of comfort kills the SM full time thing for me. I love riding them, but not for 85% of the riding I do.
You were serious. I was kidding. I don't care what anyone else rides. I barely ride what I have!

You have the ability to fold yourself up like a pretzel on that tiny 400. My giant ape like self with 34" legs and broken knees can't handle that for more than 10 minutes, but I can ride the 690 for 8 hours. To each their own. The VFR's are like lounge chairs though....

Oil topic? Tires? Tires and Oil?