Street Ride Anyone interested in a mid-week Mountain Run?

JustAnotherSquid

Used to ride a motorcycle
Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday this week are looking like amazing weather. Don't know how many nice days we have left in 2020, so I'm going to the mountains. Gotta git while the gittin is good.

Anyone interested?

Last edited:

mikek

Tuesday looks good for me. Meet at raceway gas in lincolnton. What time?

JustAnotherSquid

How about 9:30? And I'll see if I can get 2slow out too.

They are repaving 181 btw, and the new pavement is niiiiice. :cool:

JustAnotherSquid

Mike, what a great day of riding!  We are so lucky to have so many great roads in our area.  But they aren't going to ride themselves and someone's gotta do the dirty work.  :D

Your Thruxton is gorgeous.  And it sounds fantastic.  It's hard to believe those are stock pipes.

I know this is starting to sound like a broken record, but the more I ride the GT the more impressed I am with it.  BMW kinda knocked it out of the park with this bike.  Sad that they couldn't sell any, and that no one wants a sport-tourer any more.

JustAnotherSquid

Mike, I just noticed that your helmet matches KK's bike better than it does yours! :cool:

mikek

we had a Great day of riding!!!! Anyone who thought of going missed out by not going. So happy to be part of a "forum" ride, had a LOT to catch up on with JAS, years of old news, stuff thats happened to him and me, memories of old rides. Crash stories, folks who have "dropped out" since all the motorcycle forums dropped out. Yall missed a Good day to run up old 18 and 181....

KrashnKaren

JustAnotherSquid said:
Mike, I just noticed that your helmet matches KK's bike better than it does yours!  :cool:

It does, that's too funny!  Mike, your bike looks great and thank you for the snickers bar!

mikek

JAS, thank you for posting pics, I was trying to figure out how to send a phone pic to the computer and post them here.
Great to talk today!!!

JustAnotherSquid

mikek said:
we had a Great day of riding!!!! Anyone who thought of going missed out by not going. So happy to be part of a "forum" ride, had a LOT to catch up on with JAS, years of old news, stuff thats happened to him and me, memories of old rides. Crash stories, folks who have "dropped out" since all the motorcycle forums dropped out. Yall missed a Good day to run up old 18 and 181....

I dunno Mike.  I think some of the CMR old-timers may have gotten old before their time (*cough*HIGHWAY*cough*CHUTCH). We'll see!

JustAnotherSquid

chutch said:
Sorry! Haven't checked here in a while.  Hopefully I can make it out to the next one.

You said you're riding a Tiger now, right?  What is your opinion of a bike like that vs something like the ZX6R for Mountain Runs?

chutch

Yeah I have the Tiger now.  I like it.  Much more comfortable but a lot bigger and heavier.   I haven't put near the miles I did on the ZX6R though. I ride so little these days that everytime I get on it I feel like I have never ridden before.

JustAnotherSquid

chutch said:
I ride so little these days that everytime I get on it I feel like I have never ridden before.

Man, I so want to give you hell for that.  But who am I to talk.   :(

We do have the opportunity to make up for lost time though.   :)