Anyone interested in a Held Gloves group buy?

JustAnotherSquid

Used to ride a motorcycle
Hi all,

As we've talked about before, you can get Held gloves from Ireland for much less than you can from the US, and also have access to many more styles and colors.

The bugaboo is shipping, but if you order four or more pairs the shipping cost per pair drops rapidly.

Or, in more common terms, let n="number of pairs ordered", s="shipping costs per pair", N={n | n is a natural number}, and S={s | s>0}, and f be the one-to-one and onto function that maps N to S, then:

lim_(n -> inf) f = $5
and
f is a strictly decreasing function

I'm thinking of ordering another pair or two, and if anyone else is, we should combine our orders and win. :cool:

Last edited:

bmart

Fair deal. Makes me wonder why the U.S. can't get them here cheaper...maybe no one here actually rides. :p

None for me, thanks. I already have a ton of gloves in the cycle and more new pair in the closet. Also, I collect only old Subarus, R6s, and VFR...now.

JustAnotherSquid

Coupon code "nottoolate1221" will get you 10% off at rideheld.com through 12/18/2021. Also, I'm still up for a Held group buy if anyone wants to source a few from Europe or the UK.

boike333

Just being a track day noob here…..I want some of these Held gloves you all talk so highly of. Is anyone buying gloves soon? I’ll buy a couple pairs if anybody wants to get em cheaper or I’ll just grab some off one of the stated sites. Now for the real squid, I mean noob question, they run larger than others?

JustAnotherSquid

Right now Motardinn has better prices than The Visor Shop although it does seem to flip-flop occasionally. Also, Motardinn has cheaper shipping which means you don't have to do a group buy.

Sizes run true IMO; I measure 9.75 by their method and 10s fit. They also make some gloves in long, normal, and short fingers.

You might want to start by looking at the Phantom II and Phantom Air. Also note that most of the Helds below that price point are made in China, and while they are still better than most other brands, they don't seem to be quite as well made as the Helds from Europe.

If Motardinn does not have your size and The Visor Shop does, let me know and I'll do a group buy with you at The Visor Shop. :cool:

bmart

And the size differences aren't gigantic (as they are an actual measurement). I wear a Held 9.5 or L+, but also own two 10s from them and they're fine.
Maybe you can try some of ours on before you order?

boike333

Awesome, awesome, awesome info! Thanks all! Let me look into it more this weekend when I can sit at the screen and measure my hands hahah…..anyhow bmart you out of town this weekend? I’ll be up y’alls wayish on Sunday.

boike333

Ah man! I rode with a couple of old friends last weekend up in the TN KY WVA area last weekend and it was so nice! What roads are you taking? Got kids this weekend so I can’t.

bmart

Planned a bunch of 6-9 hour routes, so I'll pick one each day and do my best to get back to the Justonian in Justice.

AndyMX47

I got my Held Sambia Pro gloves from Spain at

https://www.motardinn.com/

Shipping was $11. Glove retail was $180, their price was $122. All the places in the US show $175. Took 3 weeks to get them.
Follow up on the Held Sambia Pro gloves. My hands still hurt today after wearing them for 2 1/2 days of dual sport riding. The armor is in all the wrong places, and digs into knuckles and fingers while riding. The pain is pretty bad. E-mail sent to Held, but these are absolutely awful, I never thought I could have my riding gear injure me. On a bright note, the touch screen feature works very well. Going to start the search for short cuff summer gloves again, and these are going on fleabay. JAS, they are a XXL (size 11) if you want to try them on. Maybe they won't hurt your hands.

bmart

That really stinks. Their old stuff is so excellent.

JustAnotherSquid

Their new stuff is definitely hit-or-miss.

I think the new normal is buy from a place that's easy to return, because Held gloves are like a box of chocolates...

bmart

Like everything, the older stuff seems much better. I'm still running ~6 pair of old Helds with two new pair in the closet. That should get me to the end of my riding days.

AndyMX47

Ordered a set of Klim Induction gloves from Revzilla. Film at 11.

I did notice looking at the design between the two, the Klim knuckle protection armor has an 1/8" thick pad between it and your hand. The Held just has the leather. The Held gloves also have rubber armor that is supposed to be on the sides, but is between side and top, and jabs into your fingers. We shall see!

AndyMX47

I ended up not ordering the Klim (milk spelled backwards?) Induction gloves through Revzilla, BUT....I did order them directly from Klim for $139+tax. I wanted to go straight through the mfg in case they are crap. They came in today. Fit and comfort seems good - at my desk. Touchscreen finger tips work. I still can't imagine how these are worth more than $50, but the $50 gloves don't appear to be worth $5, so here we are.

Unbelievably the back of my right hand STILL hurts from the ^$#@!* Held Sambia Pro's. I can't believe the person who designed them ever put them on, the armor was sooo poorly fitted and positioned. Held never replied to my e-mails or messages from their website, and I sold the Sambia Pro's on eBay for a $100 loss.

Next up I'd like to get a mid-weight (i.e. 3 season) enduro style jacket. Wish me luck with that. At least a jacket shouldn't be able to induce months of pain.